H23 to H22 Idling problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hillmw

the commish (h23 to h22)
I made the swap from H23 to H22 (see other threads) and went to set the idle speed by turning the screw (jumped the service connector) and there was no noticeable difference in the RPM. I turned the screw in and out about 2 full turns.

Any comments when this adjustment is made?

I'm surprised. I must have some other things going on. I was looking at my sensors and I'm thinking that there was no MAP sensor on the H23 (the vacuum hose is plugged), but the H22 may be looking for one. My manual shows all the same sensors for both the H23 and H22 but clearly there was not one on my firewall.

Is there a list of sensors that the H22 absolutely needs?

There's a plug on the intake manifold(a connector) that you pull out that controls idle speed. It's the IAC(idle air control). You also need to disconnect that while adjusting the idle.

Good luck

map (runs like crap), tps (horrible map, runs like crap), o2 (runs like crap), crank position (dont think this causes a prob), ect (might cause some drivability problems), tdc (dont think this causes a problem), cyp (might cause a problem), iat (will cause close loop and run like crap), egr (will run crappy without), iac(might not idle right), vss (no speedo), knock sensor (will run crapy without PERIOD). most of the others dont matter.

my h23 had a map on the firewall, so im pretty sure thats where yours should be.

yes I'm seeing that step in my procedure now, and I see my MAP Sensor connected correctly as well .... and so I'll feeling pretty lame.

Last edited:
Back