h23 to h22 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

numnugget

hi everyone, first I'd like to thank anyone that helps out here. I just blew my h23 in my honda prelude and am looking to swap to a h22. what parts to I need and what parts can I just use from the h23? Very new to all of this and would appreciate any information that I can get. Thanks

you will find that doing the h23 vtec conversion will be more expensive than just swapping an h22, so you'll basically need the h22 motor trans and ecu, i recommended hmotorsonline.com, i think they have it for under 2000, check it out, everything bolts in, you can use your stock axles, just need to wire vtec, however, there is a vtec wire in the harness already

I checked hmotors.com and it's 1200 for the h22 which is what I do want. I have an automatic transmission already so I know I need the h22's ECU, would I need any other parts? ( distributor, etc... ) Thanks very much for your reply :)

also, do you know about how much labor time it would take to put the motor in and get it running? Thanks again

Back