H23 Tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

XcreatonX

i was wonderin if someone could help me out
im rebuilding my h23 and my tranny and i had read that alot of people are shifting into 5 in the 1/4 mile with turbo and i was wondering where you can get longer gears so you would only have to shift into 4th or if anohter tranny with longer gears would bolt up to my h23
Thanks
XcreatonX

i just rebuilt my h23 tranny and i put in a larger 5th gear from an accord, so im sure you can do the same. personally i would take my car down the track before i broke the tranny open. see how it runs in the 1/4, then decide.

I would put a taller 4th and 5th in it or look in the reference section, I know the 4th gen prelude S...not type S.... Just the base model tranny is taller, but I'm not sure if it will bolt up. I would think so but not sure.

accord and prelude trannys are all the same in the mid 90s, not gearing wise, but everything bolts up to everything, think of our tranny as a b series lol, the only thing that is the same is the final drive in them all. other than that the gearing varies from trim to trim

also, with me shifting at 7200 with my h23 tranny i shift into 5th in the 116-120 area, unless you plan on running those kind of MPH in the 1/4 i wouldnt worry about it. also remember that the better your 60' the lower your trap speed generally, i would personally drop my cash into a quaiffe or kaaz LSD and a set of slicks if i were you, i think you'd be happier.

116-120??? If I wanna go for top speed I hit fith aroun 125 - 130, depending on my mood. (130 is redline, 7200, in 4th for me) B) :rolleyes:

hmmm i dont think that's an SI tranny then bro... i KNOW mine is an si tranny because my car is an SI and i used the stock tranny, at 7100-7200ish im in the 116-120 area. you might wanna pull the code off your tranny and see what it really is!

I'm pretty sure mine is also because my first gear didn't change, the speed is the same, unless its the an accord tranny with the same final and first ratio's, which I don't think there is one. You have to remeber also, to my knowledge, stock gauges aren't that accurate above 105 I belive is what I've heard. But I know in the upper end of things the gauges lose there integrity.

i strongly reccomend that you DONT use the f22 tranny, it's weak, and the gears are longer than you will ever know what to do with. i GUARENTEE you will fall out of vtec with that tranny very badly.

i dont have vtec i have a h23 so i cant fall out

so it wouldnt hold up to turbo
thats what tranny the guy from www.preluderacing.com who is pushin 500 whp
and h22a.org there accord handled it

Back