H23 Vtec ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bighavic

Ok Heres my set up.

H23 DOHC Vtec JDM Blue top
95 Lude Dizzy
95 Upper intake Manifold
96 Accord Alt, P.S., Compressor, Crank pulley
JDM H22 Manual Trans (True LSD)

What I'm asking is what Ecu would be the best to run this setup (OBD2). Currently I have a P5P type s ecu running but its seems that it idle higher than normal and vtec is not really there( I can Hear it but no umff) Asking for help. I got the original ecu that came this motor but I believe its AT and OBD2B connection I Have a OBD2A set up. Thanks in advance.

This motor does not come with a knock sensor or vtec pressure swicth that the p13 would be looking for. I have no CEL displayed on the dash so I know that the current ecu does not need it. I was wondering if I need to change anything in the fuel system to compensate for the ECU (i.e. Fuel pressure regualtor, fuel pump or even fuel rail/ injectors.

if your motor is stock then it should be fine with the ecu that you have and if there is no check engine lights then there shouldnt be anything major wrong and if it was a auto ecu there wuld be a check code

I stated above that I don't have the stock ecu on the motor I'm using a H22 type s ecu. I know since there is no CEL there are no codes but i can;t communicate with the ecu via OBD2 connector because it does not recognize it. Any suggestions.

Not really, if I ge ta a chipped ECU I have to go OBD1 and have it tune. Got no cash for that unless I go Standalone $$$$$$

Back