H23 VTEC Prelude Installation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xelocity

Hey everyone,

It is time for my engine build planning and i really need some help...even after hours and hours of looking and research i cant find someone to talk to about the H23 Vtec and installing it successfully into a prelude.

The easiest thing to do would be - gut bay and put h23 vtec and all accord parts. That would work perfectly!!

But...since thats not really logical since i have a brand new h23 non-vtec block, and all other components are new in the car... i have to figure this out

I want to put the H23 Vtec head onto my H23 non vtec block. The h23 non vtec is obd1 prelude.....the h23 vtec is from obd2 accord so the wiring is different right? you also have to wire it for vtec so the computer can control it...some people wire to a switch but thats just too much of a hassel to flip the switch.. i want it to kick in normally...even though after first gear u reach 5500 and the rest of the gears after shifting stays in vtec rpm range.

WHAT DO I HAVE TO WIRE!?!?!?!?! Also....WHAT ECU DO I USE!!!!! sorry for the caps but im getting fustrated. Isnt there one...just one h23 vtec veteran that can coach me on this build... building the engine...turboing the engine...fine but this wiring crap and compatibility between versions and ecus and all this is just confusing the crap out of me.

What would be the best way to do this. Advice please.. ill post pics and keep updated on my cardomain for everyone to see. im definately making tutorial on my build haha.

Also, the h23 vtec and the h22 intake manifolds are the same right? and are the headers the same as h23 non vtec or the same as h22. Cant really progress until i have atleast that knowledge.... my parts list remains uncompleted because of this simple answer lol.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3228073

And yea yea i know take the spoiler off... i took it off like 2 weeks after i put it on.. i was just posting the pics of my car at the time lol.

Back