H23 Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

naedeloc

Hello, I dont own a prelude but I do own an H23A1 from a prelude, I am swapping the H23 into my 90 Honda CRX. But I have been doing some serious thinking to put the H22 VTEC head on my H23 block. I plan on sleeving my block, forged pistons, forged rods, a micro polished crank etc.. Now I hear alot about oil squirters and people saying this combo will work and then the next post some one saying that wont work... All I want to know is if my H23 block with everything stated before will be able to with stand the H22's 7,500 Redline. Will I need to get oil squirters too? Some help would be nice.

I'm about to attempt the swap, so i could let you know, but from me asking around about the info, i still couldnt tell ya, everybody keeps telling me conflicting statements like you get, i think im gonna do the oil squirter idea tho, from what im told the h23 doesnt push enough pressure for when VTEC is engaged, so therefore starving the motor for oil, so personally, i would do it...

Back