H23 vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OK, you've got a "normal" overlap on the small lobes, and a "performance" overlap on the high lobes, right? If you go changing the overlap with cam gears, well, the cam gears don't care about which lobe you're on. They're just stuck at whatever setting you put them at. So, if you give yourself a "normal" overlap on the high lobes, you're going to have the valves opening and closing much further apart on the small lobes, most likely enough to severely hinder performance or even normal, healthy operation of the engine.

Make sense?

Makes sence. How much difference in overlap is there between vtec and non?

Well for cam specs you can go to crower.com to get them, i'd give them to you but i'm sitting here at the college right now. but on the side note with changing the timing just so it could fit it with the turbo i could of just added nitrous and be done with the whole ordeal. plus with a turbo he said that adjust the timing and turbo together can add up to some very very awful turbo lag, and from him seeing the other car i drive/race he said it would be best if i went with dry nitrous so i can use it from the start. altho the turbo is very tempting i think i will just go with nitrous. which is also cool :D

Back