H23 vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alright, some of these are going to be repeat questions.... just want to get answers to all at once.

A)on this swap, if i use a chipped h22 ecu, and something to control the air/fuel ratio, will i be able to run in vtec without major risk of damage?

B) I have to use the h22 distributor, correct? and the injectors for the right obd, too?

C) will a vafc help with the air/fuel ratio problem?

i have all of my parts now, needs to be pieced together finally..... just need to know about the ecu.

h23 vtec as in h23 block+ h22 head?

you use everything that normally goes on the h22 head from the h22.(use h22 injectors as well)

if you are gona use a chipped ecu, why use a vafc? use uberdata or crome to tune.

also, you can run any chippable ecu as long as its chipped correctly with all the required stuff. a non vtec ecu can be converted to vtec as well as added iabs.

some things you should look out for when building this engine:
-dont starve it of oil
-get the timing dead on(if you use a vafc, the vafc will limit you on this)

those are the reasons, or lack there of, that frankenstein swaps fail and blow up. also, dont rev the piss out of it unless your crank can take it.

well, i know absolutely nothing about uberdata or crome, so links to explain how to use them, or even what exactly they do would be swell. so would it be possible to use my p14 if i converted it to vtec and iabs. what exactly is iabs? not too big on the abbreviations yet. any help is welcome.

you cant convert the p14 to anything.

read all the links in my sig.

Back