H23 Wiring Harness work for H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by RICK_FD3S@May 6 2005, 11:16 PM
Tab you are right. If you are using the H23 wiring harness you can use the H23 distributor. The other thing you are going to need out of the H23 is the radiator hose elbow at the front of the motor that has a plug in it. Just make sure you use the H22 injectors. As for engine mounts I'm pretty sure I use all the same as the H23 with not problems on headers fitments or anithing.
[post=496201]Quoted post[/post]​

There are a half dozen ways to do anything, or six ways to do it. :lol: If it works, use it. This isn't a braniac swap, so just think your way through the problems as they come. There aren't that many surprises.

USDM engines have an extra fan switch on the front of the motor. Use your stock stuff(switch it).

Yeah, why cant yall live in TX. This is just getting dumb. I still dont have my car back yet. I dont know what the deal is, and id rather not take the day off to fix the shit.

do i really need to mount the external coil if i were to use that. It can get rubberbanded or zip tied temporarily and still be fine, right?

And if i told the guys NOT to wire the vtec wires throught the strut wire cluster (i totally know what its called, but i had a brain fart) should it really take that long to mount the accessories, attach the harness, reattach vacuum lines and radiator, change fuel rail, and ummm normal tune up crap. (timing belt, oil filter etc)

I say no.

External coil distributor means you'd need the external coil, yes.

Do you have the internal coil dizzy? I'd like one back since my old one went bad. I swapped out the guts and converted to external coil. I zip tied mine to my air intake for now(sux).

The other shit shouldn't take that long for a competent shop or mechanic. I can wire VTEC in 1 1/2 hours. The other crap is easy.

ill make sure to grab the dizzy off my old motor. PM me with an address and ill send it to you for all the help you have been. (ill pay shipping)

Holy crap...what are the chances that the engine/electrical guy gets food poisoning on the day my car is supposed to be done. Friggin grr...the owner said exactly the right thing that would prevent me from getting a tow truck. "I dont know where he stopped, but i dont want anyone else working on it, because i dont know where he stopped." Really good answer, cause id rather not miss a vacuum line because i didnt know he hadnt gotten it...so i guess ill wait, but ill make sure to get you your dizzy, tab.

Do yall know if the H23 dizzy mounts on the H22? I know i can use a 2000 Civic Si cap for that dizzy. Also you said i need to "splice" the yellow and yellow and black wire together...does that mean just strip back the insulation and solder the yellow wire to the black (effective closing the circuit).

both answers are yes.

Splice the wires together, but do it on the engine harness side of things, so that you can pull the motor and put it back without unplugging or clipping anything. You won't need to do that with a H23 external dizzy though. It would plug in exactly like stock with your harness I believe.

I went from F22 external to H22 internal, which requires the splice. I then went to H22 external, so I had to clip the extra wire, and used the coil plug that I left in place. It's really simple. The wire that gets positive power with the key powers the coil, period.

okay, got my car back on friday but the wierdest thing happened. That external coil dist. is runnin the car like crap. So i used the internal one and spliced the wire onto the harness, but the second i did that, the car was over heating. When i looked at it again i noticed that there is a sensor on the connector for the upper radiator hose and the wire for that came out of the same set of wires as the dist. When i cut that wire, i didnt completely reconnect the yellow wire that i cut.

Here is tabs pic, and i just edited it so it shows what i did. i cut that fat yellow wire on the bottom, and i left the bottom end hanging instead of putting all three parts back together. Then instead of putting the splice up top, i put it on the bottom.

gallery_8497_1_1094086470.jpg

Also, i would like to appologize to Tab, cause i told you id send you this dizzy, but the car was idling at 200 RPMs before i swapped them.

no problem.

That is the simple, and the old way that I did it. One splice and a spade connector, done. I revised the way I spliced, so that I tapped into the engine harness before the distributor pigtail. That's an old picture......but it works.

would cutting that wire cause the car to overheat? or atleast read as though its overheating.

not at all. That wire gives you spark. Cut that wire and you will have no heat at all. I haven't checked to see what will happen if you leave that wire jumped with a external coil attached, but it surely would not cause an overheat.

Chances are you are either low on water, or your fans aren't coming on when the car is hot.

Do this:
1. Make sure there are no leaks and your radiator is full.
2. Check to see that your fans, or at least one fan is engaging when the car gets a little over half way up the normal heat range.
3. Make sure your car is pumping the water around properly.
4. Switch to Orange Dex-Cool coolant, and keep your water full after that. The orange coolant is far superior to any of the green stuff.

well by cutting that wire i disabled the switch for my radiator fan, and my thermostat was broken causing another small problem. Car runs great now, ill post some pics of it in auto media when i get a chance.

need some help

im doing a swap to my prelude h23a1 to a h22a and i will use my stock wiring harness i know already how to convert the coil and how to run the wire from de ecu for the solenoid and the oil pressure switch so i started to put it and i found out that i was missind 2 more plugs in the intake one is for the assy sensor map and the other is above the first ingector looks like round black cylinder so if any one knows what can i do. do i need them or what please help

if you got your engine from hmotorsonline it shoulda come with a cut harness. you can either cut the connectors off or see if a junk yard has the connectors you need. aside from that, theres not a lot of options.

also, its cool to see one of my first post come back from the dead and help people, but if you have a question, just start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back