H23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Colbalt2008

i want some peoples opinion on this i have a 91 honda accord i dont know what to do H22A N/A or H23 turbo:confused:

I would suggest the h23 turbo. Also if you have the f22 motor already turbo that. It has a low compression ratio so it is good for a turbo setup. But as for your question go with the H23 turbo. It is basically like an LS motor from the integras. Except: heavier, taller and 2.3 liter.

Sorry about the ass question of what color is it but, you have to give us more data.
Is this your only car, winter beater, daily driver that you drive 100 miles a day to work, a weekend toy, ?????
Keep it in mind that the H23 has FRM sleeves which are not the most boost happy so, if you plan on 400+ ponies, that would need re-sleeved. Also, if you are on a tight budget over all, a turbo motor will use more fuel to prevent detonation (and you will play more).
On top of all that, to build a turbo motor/car with a motor change, it will run more than $5K unless you can do most of the work yourself and have the stuff laying around or can get killer deals.

yeah it's my only car but i can do some work myself at my tech school but i have 6k now. So any suggestins what i should do other than h23 or h22 ??

not to be the bearer of bad new, but in my oppinion if it's your only car and having it for daily transportation is a must, i say leave it stock. as far as the choices go i would do the h23 turbo set up. you could do the h23 swap and leave it stock, cutting down on your vehicles down time. then later on when you get all the turbo parts together you can get that done relative quickly (aday or 2), again limiting you down time on your only vehicle. much easier to get a ride from buddies for a few days here and there then a few weeks at a time.

well then you are in good shape. go with the h23. you can even stick with the stock ecu, and maybe the wiring harness I'm not 100% sure about that, but check into it. The h23 will hook up to your tranny, and with the f22 tranny you will have longer gears which are good for a turbo setup, you can stay in the lower gears longer. next to a d to d motor swap an f22 to an h23 is probably the easiest swap you can do.

I'm guessing you have an F22 now that is running well, you are in school and have a shop class that allows you to work on your own stuff, and you want to take your first car that you love to the next level.
If you have the expertise, build a motor for it first and swap it out when it is ready. If you want a long-lasting engine, build a low compression (8:1~9:1) and swap it in. Spend money and time making sure it runs right, then add a turbo. Choose your turbo based on reality, not the beast. If you make your only car a beast, you will learn to hate it, trust me.
If you have big ass turbo, it drives like a stocker with bad MPG in the lower ranges. Then when you spin up the R's and stuff the foot in, it comes to life, suddenly. A small turbo will give you boost in the lower ranges and has a more controllable power band.

yeah i have a F22 with 256,456 miles on it but is still running strong but should i just do h22 N/A b/c this place i went to said h22 compleat swap axles,tranny motor mounts all the stuff for $4,500 :confused:
www . intercrew-racing .com

Last edited:
dude i can put a h22a in your car for 1400, bucks with your tranny, or 1700 with a new tranny

yeah h22 motors shouldn't cost anywhere near $4,500. Look around for motors. you should be able to find the motor for around $1000.

way too much seriously you could probably do this swap yourself. There are many write ups on doing an f to h swap on this site as well as write ups on wiring vtec, and ecu swaps are literally like 3 screws, a plug or 2 and thats it. Get a hayne's manual it gives you a step by step process on how to do just about anything on the car it is written for. I would try and milk the motor you have in the car for a while longer. just don't beat the hell out of it. Find an h22 for around $1000 and build it up over time. Not gonna lie your motor is probably on its last legs so doing a motor swap soon is probably in your best interests anyways. But like I said buy the motor do a leak down and compression test on it, buy the parts you want and start installing them. Chances are depending on how cheap you find a motor, and if you shop around for parts, and keep your tranny, you could probably save yourself around $1000. I would say it is worth it. But in the mean time do the research find a write up with pictures, buy the haynes manual, buy a cherry picker and start looking for a motor. there is a jdm h22a (not the type s) at this link for $1200. http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=category&keyword=JDM USDM Engines&hit=25

Back