H23a pinouts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ASEDAVE

I am a mechanic installing an engine for a customer. He purchased it from JSPEC engines for his '98 Prelude SH. The engine was suposed to be another H22A but when it arrived it appears to be a '99 H23A. I am not a Honda expert but after researching the engine it appears that this is a good engine to swap in. Everything appears to be a direct fit except the engine doesn't have a crank sensor under the timing cover like the original. I contacted JSPEC and was told to rewire the distributor to the crank wiring, which should work, but I was told the tech was on vacation and they couldn't supply any wiring diagrams or pinouts for the distributor until he returns. I have all of the domestic diagrams and pinouts but none for foreign engines. If I was told correctly this engine is sold in Europe and Japan in Accord wagons. Is this correct? Also, if anyone has specs on the engine my customer is interested in having them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back