h23a project (help pls)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iamcgr

I own a h23a 4th gen Prelude with an automatic transmission. I've finally decided to put the money into it to convert it to manual and hopefully turbo charge the h23a.

I'm looking for tips on what to look for when searching for a possible shop to have the work done. I live in San Diego, CA.

I've been looking around on the net for a manual transmission and I've notice more h22a trannys avail rather than h23a trans. Would a h22a trans mate with a h23a? Would it be worth it? Seems like they are slightly higher in price. I decided to go with keeping my h23a and turbo charging it. From what I understand the h23a responds to turbo charging alot better than it's h22a vtec replacement.

I've planned to get the work done in this order:
-transmission swap
-suspension
-engine rebuild (original motor has 129k) Planned on adding better internals to handle boost. Unsure what would be needed at this point.
-turbo
-paint

I'm also wondering what wheel size would be best. I'm trying to make this car "go before show". So 16s wouldn't bother me if they are best in regards to function.

Last edited:
i have a 92 si wad a h23 in it but now its h22a but i am using the same trans from the h23 it all works the same.

the qustion on were to take it to get it done at if you like to drive. in KC, MO there is a really good place called newimage. they do all that kind of stuff. but thats really faraway. but i tryed

Back