h23a to jspec h22a or us h22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pitvpr

I'm new at this so I have a few questions. I have a blown h23a 1992 prelude and want to swap in a h22a. I want to go with a jdmh22a, but plan on building the motor. Is it worth the time and money to switch to the JDM and build that, or will I get similar power from the us version. Also for the swap, I assume it would be a straight drop as long as i have a wiring harness and ecu with the motor. is that correct?

us and jdm would be very similar... 190 or 195 vs 200 hp, which ever you can get for cheaper would be my choice...

i believe you can use your stock harness and just run the wires...
i believe you will only need 4 wires...

but you def want to get the H22 trans cause the H23 will drop you out of vtec when you shift

Originally posted by reckedracing@Oct 22 2004, 02:19 PM
us and jdm would be very similar... 190 or 195 vs 200 hp, which ever you can get for cheaper would be my choice...

i believe you can use your stock harness and just run the wires...
i believe you will only need 4 wires...

but you def want to get the H22 trans cause the H23 will drop you out of vtec when you shift
[post=406205]Quoted post[/post]​

yes and no.

If you pull a little higher rpm, then you will shift VTEC to VTEC.

The H22 transmission is a good thing, but not worth a ton extra over the stock tranny. There are better things to blow your wad on........cams, gears, intake, exhaust, turbo, valve springs, etc.

Back