H23a VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

northstarbrian

I have a 1995 prelude SE. I put the H23a VTEC SIR motor in it. Email me if you want pictures or have questions that need answers about the swap. Also do not go to Osaka JDM for engines, they tried to send me a f20 vtec and told me it was a h23a, they grinded off the motor tag but left the tag on the head. (I have all pics) Then they sent me a blown H23a vtec (i have a video compression test of 10 psi) Then I got the good motor and installed it. Very happy and I smoke most cars I play with.

Northstarbrian
@hotmail.com

Last edited:
i'm confused. what are you trying to do here? this isn't tech, this isn't a review, this isn't an introduction thread.

it is what it is

I put it out there because all over the net people wonder about this h23a VTEC JDM. Nobody was there to help me but I am willing to help others with questions about installing the H23a VTEC JDM. So, if you have any questions about the install of a non hybrid then ask that question. Thank You:D

grats on the swap. next time if you are making a purchase, ask around. people have stories of all the shops in the u.s.

they can act anyway they want until you show up at their front door
then its a whole different story and you're their best friends in the world

i did go back there one other time when i took a parts trip to canada and checked the place out
lots of complete rhd cars and jdm goodies
still a piss poor attitude so i didn't buy anything

did you take off your valve cover yet?
if not then you should
see what the inside of the motor looks like

i always pull comp tests before installing the motor

Here is some history... First they sent me a F20 and said it was a H23a VTEC Then they sent me a blown H23a VTEC. (made the video) Then they sent me a good H23a VTEC.. Checked compression before installing. And now I sold the car.:(

Back