h23a vtec???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DESPAIN

yep....mmhhm.......yep...
i talked to this guy at americore that sells remanufatured engines. i am putting a new engine in my 92 prlude. i was asking about the h23a non vtec. so we get to talking and i tell him that i want a vtec motor for my car. so he looks around and calls me back says he has found an h23a vtec motor and i saked him if it was jdm he says no its american made and it came stock in my car they just didnt make very many of them. so..... is he full of shit or is there really a american made h23a vtec?
can some one please let me know:confused:

f22, h23, and h22 were only motors used in fourth gen preludes. only one that is vtec is the h22. in japan a h23a vtec was used in the sir wagon accord. I have that motor. It is not going to be a easy swap, and problems will occur. I had to rewire my dizzy, and a lot of other stuff. But when the motor is running right its a beast 215 hp to crank so stock you can expect 175-185 whp. I have been having problems with geting a proper chip due to fact as the p13 ecu h22 ecu wont run the motor well. but my last tune which i felt power loss easily stays with gutted b16s and stuff.

i plan on building this h23vtec motor and looks like i found my answer about running the p13 ecu from an h22. now the problem is where can u track down an ecu from the true jdm h23a vtec motor is what id like to know? if i find out ill post it up for everyone.

apparently it looks like the h23vtec from the accords only came with an auto tranny,so... if thats the case,then if the h22 p13 ecu doesnt run the h23vtec build very well ...shouldnt i be fine with a fully programmable skunk2 p13 ecu if i have the car dyne-tuned?

H23 is beast, its 223hp and 157tq, it came in the accord sir wagon which was an automatic. when they sell the swap they sell it with an h22 transmission. It will not be an easy swap but very worth it in the end, my roommate has it swapped into his 99 CL, this motor is beast people, beast. And yes you have to use an h22 ecu, most preferably the type-s ecu. good luck man

well,it shouldnt be to bad of a project,my 92 prelude already has the tranny and everything...wanna stay with the h23...wanna go vtec,but wanna keep my 5spd tranny. thanx for the input everyone. I should have my vtec head in a few weeks and start my build in a month or so...and ill post pics of the build and get/give info as i go and hopefully it will help everyone out about the h23/h22vtec build myth.

i know this thread is old but i just want to show you guys my H23a Vtec from the Accord Sport Wagon sir...i have not dyno'd it yet since i am still working on it..but it was not a bad swap. here are some pics of the swap. ohh this went into my 5th gen accord full conversion from auto to stick and swap from f22b2 to H23a vtec

100_0100.jpg

wow talk about thread jackin. The h23 vtec motor would probably be a fun motor to build up. I especially in a nice 4th gen lude.

Back