h23a1 tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondamike93

i have an 88 crx that im putting an h23a1 motor in its almost done but i have one problem the tranny i need some advise on what would be the best one to use.... and also ive been told that u could bolt the stock crx tranny up to the h23 and use it weather its true or not im not sure what do u guys think??

well sense its none vtec i wou ld just put a f22 tranyy on there but any h or f series tranny will work,,but the crx tranny will not work with that motor

In my opinion an H22 tranny would be a good mate to your block.
And I think the H22 tranny is really strong, it takes a lot of abuse I know cause my friend has an H22 lude that he hot rods around all the time.

yeah.. i was thinkin the f22 tranny would be better cause of the way its gear ratio is...and i had a feeling that crx tranny wouldnt work but more or lesss if i use f22,h22 or the h23 tranny i gotta alot of work to do.......clutch,axles,speedo cable and some other stuff.

what are your plans for this engine? f22 transmissions suck ass, period.

just stick with an h23 trans, its an awesome tranny. 1st and final drive in the h22 and h23 transmissions are the same, so it really isnt going to be much of a difference with those two.

if you're worried about gas mileage, then tune the bitch.

Back