1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h23vtec

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by cycloneb18c3, Aug 14, 2003.

1. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

why go with an ls vtec when you can do a prelude si vtec? H23 bottom end with a H22 head. I was wondering if this would work? I was like ls vtec, crvtec, what else isnt vtec dohc(not a zc) then i thought h23. this is just an idea of mine, just wondering if it would work. didnt quite know where to post this, but my car is an integra, so I posted it here. I want to copyright this idea of h23vtec if no body's thought of it before lol. dan :worthy:

2. hybridsol

hybridsol Senior Member

ha a little late man, but it can be done, and has. The trouble you go through doing it, and finding the parts is totally not worth it though, just build an h22a easier and faster. But you can look up the topic because it has been discussed on here before

3. maniac

maniac Junior Member

the lower end of the h23 is very weak. the long stoke of the h23 with the high rev of vtec. i dont think so..

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Uh... ok. It's been done, and it works just fine.

5. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Yeah man, it's not a problem.

And if anyone is looking for info, check the pinned topic in the Prelude/Accord forum.

6. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

yeah actually i was looking into doing that on a SI, but it really is true, its not worth trying to find all the parts, and H22s are so cheap anyways, however, what i meant to say was isn't there an H23 VTEC avaiable in Japan? but yeah if theres not i have seen it done, but i thought it was a JDM motor...

7. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

There was indeed an H23 VTEC that came in like two model years of a 99-ish Accord wagon.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted