h2b vs k20a vs b18c5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think i change my mind i want a b18c5 bc h2b you have to sacrifice alot of things
like rasing your hood 1.5 inches
axles break alot
extending wires and shit

Lol. If you don't want to put a little work into your car, I would suggest not swapping the motor in the first place. Price wise, the c5 swap(bought online) will run you about $4000-4500. PLUS you will still need to extend wires, if you use your stock harness. And the h2b will set you around the same price. And it will run, give or take, mid 12's in the qtr mile. (vs the high 13's or low 14's the c5 will run.)

Axles wont break just cause. Raxles.com will build you axles to support WAY more hp then you will reach in a long time. And raising the hood isn't hard. You can cut the support braces out of it, and raise it an inch or less.

-Jason

jason is right. the c5 is extremely expensive but an N/A beast stock. h22 has more trq. ive never heard u had to raise the hood on an h2b kit but i havn't looked into that much. i guess to mount the b series tranny the motor has to raise a little bit.

ive never heard u had to raise the hood on an h2b kit but i havn't looked into that much. i guess to mount the b series tranny the motor has to raise a little bit.

Yah.. It sticks up quite a bit. Most people raise their hoods, and a few will cut the support brackets.

-Jason

Back