Had the Fit for 2 days...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Black Widow g2

*princess*
and i just got a speeding ticket. the CHP didn't run my license or he'd have found out it's suspended (as far as I know from the last letter i got from the DMV.) Which I was actually on the way to take care of since the car is 2 days old. He kept looking at me and I was like 'oh shit, he's gonna impound my car and take me back to jail.' All I get back is my license and a ticket. He explains that an airplane caught me at 89 in a 70 (making it just under felony speeding) and that he marked it as 80 in a 70 and told me to have a nice day and enjoy the 'cute' little car.

omfg i think i am lucky. tsk tsk on me, yes...

You hadn't heard about that...?

Haha... yea, right before I got a divorce I got a DUI. I had taken care of everything but made one late payment and they yanked it. Now, I haven't gotten insurance on the new car yet, so yea, I dunno the stipulation with that.

Crazy thing... I wasn't showing boobies at all. He did go 'What kind of car is this? It's cute.' I wanted to laugh when a GUY told me my car was cute. On top of that, after reading the ticket... he made a LOT of mistakes. I am NOT the registered owner of the car, so, when they go look up the VIN they'll be very lost.

And no, the motor wasn't wound out. it was nicely dancing to the tune of 3.5k when I was so called 'speeding at 89 MPH' I love that 5AT

that's hella wide geared. I'd be at 4.4k in the tc.

But shit. A speeding ticket already?

I've never received one. Hell I've never been pulled over.

5 speed AT ftw?

I've been pulled over a jizzillion times. Only received 3 tickets including this one.

If I weren't on this "pay cash for everything" kick, I'd probably go trade my teggy for a fit.

And my CBR1000rr is just going to have to wait. :(

Credit is evil, but it feels soooo good.

Thank you. :) And... Only in Cali can it blanket the car and not the driver. Technically, I was insured at the time. I didn't have evidence of that, yet, though. His insurance covers him, the car, and any 'authorized operator' of the vehicle. It's cheaper that way, because, when I get insurance, I need an SR-22 and I get to pay super high premiums due to the DUI. Insurance loophole I guess... but, either way I need to get my own insurance for the other car.

no. you are then more likely to receive more charges on your citation. Those like 'reckless driving' or 'public endangerment' or my favorite 'exhibition of speed'

You are also fined at almost 3x the 'misdemeanor' speeding fines... making it up to 550 in just your bail for one charge. This is if the CHP wants to be really dick about it. Since I was under that 20mph cap, I will have lesser fines to deal with.

Here's the funny thing... You can actually get your car impounded, go to jail, and be kept there if they so choose. But if they threaten you... it's their ass. Don't sign the ticket. See what they tell you. Also... ask for a printout. If they claim it doesn't exist... they're fucked. The tape recorders they have can get you out of a lot of shit. I NEVER admitted that I was speeding. Never once do I 'agree' with what they tell me. Cops are dirty.

After going through the reports for the airplanes... there wasn't one on patrol that day due to weather. My ticket is therefore ILLEGALLY written and when I contest it, I will get out of it. :) I love this great state.

That, and aircraft clock you with two stop watches and 1/4 mile markers on the road. Which leaves ALOT of room for error. Easily contestable in court.

But if there were really no airplanes in the air that day, you've already won.

Back