Haggling on a CBR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

um ok, but remember a fireroad counts as a backroad, the ones w/ potholes, ( well jumps in my case), and loose gravel, tree branches and stuff in the way, and maybe even a construction part, which favors in my case since i can just jump over any such obstacles and to keep it fair i'll even keep my slicks on just for you. unless you want to go urban style then we can race across town and see who gets there first, yet again i can rip across parking lots and ride down and up flights of stairs to other parking lots and jump to where ever i feel the need
haha umm but its all good cuz if you drop your bike it prolly wont cost that much to repair it right?:D

let me quote you again.

or you could just build a supermotard and spank every one out there in the twisties
I call you out on it, and now you want to change the rules? twisties is not mixed dirt/road style, it's backroads.

That's like calling out an F1 car then saying you're going to run on a baja course.

Anywho my offer still stands, get on a PAVED backroad and if you can keep me in your sights for longer then 15 seconds. I'd be in total shock.

Don't get me wrong supermotards are awesome bikes, I really like them, but to think you could hang with a supersport bike in the twisties is just fial.

Auto cross style track you could do it, but not any legit road.

OOOHHH bitches!!! shit hittin the fan!

Nah, just messin guys. I honestly think i can handle that much power. i don't abuse it. I respect it.

OOOHHH bitches!!! shit hittin the fan!

Nah, just messin guys. I honestly think i can handle that much power. i don't abuse it. I respect it.

problem with 600cc supersport bikes is they will allow you to do 70-80-90 on a backroad with out knowing just how fast you're going, you come up onto a sharp turn and next thing you know.... into the woods.

but to think you could hang with a supersport bike in the twisties is just fial.

Auto cross style track you could do it, but not any legit road.

ok we'll keep it on the road, but again this is only coming from experience it has NOTHING to do w/ what kind of bike you own. i mean for all i know you could have been a pro motoGP racer BUT for someone who wants to learn on a bike you cant go wrong w/ a motard, how, you can drop it, and thus do all the things a sportbike can't, but i will say this i've met prolly one or 2 people who actually knew how to ride a sportbike, otherwise all those other SQUIDS i cuaght ridding those rice bikes just couldn't keep up. its all in the rider not the bike.

its all in the rider not the bike.

People always point out a good rider on any bike will be faster then a bad rider.
yup, too bad a good rider on a supersport bike will always be faster then a good rider on a lesser bike. (based on the style of road/track....)

yup, too bad a good rider on a supersport bike will always be faster then a good rider on a lesser bike. (based on the style of road/track....)

true, but like i said, i have yet to see more than 2 very good riders in this area, all the other posers who go out and buy litre bikes are just wasting their money, well to me its money well spent cuz i love the look on their faces when there being spanked.:D but ANYWAYS it was a joke and i think this got blown WAY outa proportion, either way both worlds are fun and have their advantages and disadvantages, but no mater what anyone says i still think supermoto is way cooler:D... well i'll let the pictures do the talking...:cool::D
Foto_Tinte927.jpg

Big_Set.jpg

backitin.jpg

supermoto-3.jpg

I grew up spending every Sunday at moto x tracks, I've met most big name racers from Jeff Ward to spending my weekends with local superstar Travis. Grew up around dirt bikes and made the move to street bikes as soon as the law allowed.

So when are you getting here so you can school my squidly self. =)

yea funny, doubtful we'll ever meet, next time you head to southwick let me know. and if you ever did make it over here well @ least there would be someone over here to have some compettion w/, you do't realize, or maybe you do, but how many "kids" have streetbikes and barely know how to ride, they've ridden a dirt bike like once. and it shows, all the others we'll we pretty much look for guys like you to ride w/ and tear the roads up with. i'm sure you've seen but go to a DMV and watch the people take their motorcycle ridding tests. the people on sporties, well had good balance, MOST, NOT ALL kids on sportbikes, could barely weave through the cones and blance @ slow speeds worth a crap, the FEW people who show up on tards, well they pretty much show every one up and piss the officer off just b/c they have more skill than the others.

yea funny, doubtful we'll ever meet, next time you head to southwick let me know. and if you ever did make it over here well @ least there would be someone over here to have some compettion w/, you do't realize, or maybe you do, but how many "kids" have streetbikes and barely know how to ride, they've ridden a dirt bike like once. and it shows, all the others we'll we pretty much look for guys like you to ride w/ and tear the roads up with. i'm sure you've seen but go to a DMV and watch the people take their motorcycle ridding tests. the people on sporties, well had good balance, MOST, NOT ALL kids on sportbikes, could barely weave through the cones and blance @ slow speeds worth a crap, the FEW people who show up on tards, well they pretty much show every one up and piss the officer off just b/c they have more skill than the others.

I know all to well just how it works, but just because you know people who can't ride doesn't mean there isn't a good bit that can, you just don't hear about them as much since they're busy riding rather then showing. A good bit of my friends ride and always try to get me to go to all their shows, they do weekly bike meets, its normal for all the bike guys to get together and show their bikes, riding? what's that? lets show!

just because you know people who can't ride doesn't mean there isn't a good bit that can,

i realize this, thats why i said there are but a FEW around in this area who know what they are doing, but maybe its just worse cuz of bike week ( well as we call it up here "learn how to ride week"). of coarse thers plenty of people out there who know what there doing, and yes i can find them, but the usual crowd is someone who just went out and bought a bike and doesn't even know where the clutch is:D,

hence for the joke towards all the rookies, not the pros.

Last edited:
i realize this, thats why i said there are but a FEW around in this area who know what they are doing, but maybe its just worse cuz of bike week ( well as we call it up here "learn how to ride week"). of coarse thers plenty of people out there who know what there doing, and yes i can find them, but the usual crowd is someone who just went out and bought a bike and doesn't even know where the clutch is:D,

hence for the joke towards all the rookies, not the pros.

There's more people that CAN ride and ride good then you know, it's just like a fast civic, you don't see the fast ones often because they're not showing off or running their mouths. Same goes for bikes, The people I ride with think I'm crazy, while they're freaking out about the speed, I'm sitting back with my left hand on my hip and right hand on the throttle just having a nice paced ride. at least IMO nice paced lol.

You wont find me at the local bike meets, only time I run my mouth bike wise is when someone else thinks they can outrun a sport bike. =) bring it!

I do know a good bit of FAST really good riders, most do track days and are just damn fast! however, just like myself, they ride, there's no BSN or showing involved.

They're out there, they just blend in with the other normal riders. just like a really fast civic, my Turbo civic (built motor) had 13" wheels and a 3" exhaust from the turbo back, it even had a 3" tip many people thought was stock. no show, all go. looked as stock as the next civic.

Last thing I wanted was a F&F style civic, granted I did kinda go all out with my Nissan, but hell, it has the walk to back the talk so I can get away with it being pretty far out looks wise.

Anyone my point is, they're out there, hit up the local supersport forums and you can easily spot the poser from the true rider, just from their forum postings.

I ride a new liter bike, and thankfully feel pretty good at putting most of the power to use, it's not easy but after spending 5+ years on a 600 riding many miles, it's not to bad. main issue I have is downshifting, I tend to spin the tire up on backroads, it's a weird feeling doing 80-90mph and having the rear tire spin up. That alone would put a noob on their ass faster then.... anything.

for the OP stay away from a 1000, get a 600cc bike or hell even an SV650 would be an awesome upgrade for you. a 1000 if not careful will easily buck you right off the bike or spin the rear up causing you to get side ways causing a highside crash. Even with 8+ years of supersport bike riding, riding a 1000 is (as I tell people) like having a loaded handgun pointed at your head, its the best damn feeling having so much powerful that is useable at every RPM range, but boy, does it not forgive if you make a slight mistake. give it a tad too much throttle exiting a turn and you'll pull the front up or lose the rear... not cool...

There's more people that CAN ride and ride good then you know, it's just like a fast civic, you don't see the fast ones often because they're not showing off or running their mouths.

Anyone my point is, they're out there, hit up the local supersport forums and you can easily spot the poser from the true rider, just from their forum postings.

I ride a new liter bike, and thankfully feel pretty good at putting most of the power to use, it's not easy but after spending 5+ years on a 600 riding many miles, it's not to bad. main issue I have is downshifting, I tend to spin the tire up on backroads, it's a weird feeling doing 80-90mph and having the rear tire spin up. That alone would put a noob on their ass faster then.... anything.

ahh yes backing it in, the all time pastime of supermoto as you race into a paved corner:D maybe not @ 80-80 mph, but still braking the rear loose is alwasy a good time. but yes i know what your talking about, now can we all just be sane and let this guy have back his thread, haha it seems me and jeffie7 went on for days, lol but i completely know what your talking about. but somtimes you gota add alittle kick to the punch to keep things fun and alive ya know.:D

Took my bike out today. I haven't ridden in about a month, been busy working or its been too damn cold.

What a rush. Almost lost it braking into a 30mph corner from 140.. was doing a burst between corners at what I thought was a sane pace until I glanced at the speedo. Bike got all kinds of squirly on me trying to scrub off that much speed, but I pulled it off at the last second.. ass in full pucker position. Its amazing what a couple of seconds on the throttle of a superbike can do. I'm finally able to put it through its paces though, getting more comfortable and pushing the bike somewhere near its limits.

Back