Hahn-Dat-Uh

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D See 2

just thought i would boast and brag about my newest install.

-My 1990 dx hatchback has been converted to obd1 for ease of hondata installation. I really did not want to use the push-button contraption for setting rev limits and vtec x-over etc... It is the stage 2 system, and that is a US p28 ecu. With the conversion, the car just last week passed maryland state emissions testing. :ph34r:

-I wired in a toggle switch as the jumper wire so I can easily run the ecu as stock, especially since gasoline prices are skyrocketing.

-My uncle does soldering work for a living, so he was able to do the chipping for me :D .

-The OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness was purchased from jkobdconversionharness.com. Jason was really a great guy to deal with. Very prompt with communication and is also very knowledgeable on the subject.

-I have the romeditor software and pocket programmer so I am all set. I'm probably not going to gain much now, but I plan on having a sick all motor build for an end-of-summer project and hondata will play a big part in that setup. Currently, I am running a GSR base map.

PICS:
*the 4 purple wires run to the 4-wire oxygen sensor that is required for the OBD1 setup.
*you can see the toggle switch mounted to the case of the ecu.
*I know it looks like a hack but really its not.
*thats a 94 gsr dizzy.

If you have any questions about the install, post 'em up and i'll answer to the best of my abilities.

Enjoy. Mods list in sig.

setup.jpg

hondata.jpg

dizzy.jpg

Back