Half a qt. of oil Burnt in 30miles.. Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

7seven7

Just like the title said, I rebuilt my lsvtec , B18a block , Gsr head. B16 p30 pistons new rings etc. Gsr head replaced the exhaust side valves tem seals, left the intake side alone. Piston rings were installed correctly. The piston chambers were honed, Compression was 200 on cylinder 4,cylinder 3 190, cylinder 2 195, cylinder 1 190. cylinders 3,2,1 were dry. Cylinder 4 had the wet plug threads had oil. I am still in the break in period. Only have 49 miles on it, At 30 miles I had to add a half a qt of oil. Havent done a leak down check yet got to wait till thursday. When the car is idling it smokes a little but when Hit the gas I get a blue smoke screen(a whole lot of smoke) Could anyone help. Thanx much appreciated.

Don't you have to block off one of the oil passageways in the VTEC head and supply it from somewhere else on the block? Did you do that?

I would avoid driving it until you can get it to a shop to have it checked out. If you're burning that much oil, something is REALLY wrong.

who honed the cylinders? you or a shop?
did you get specs on your cylinders? were they out of round?
did you cross hatch?

are you sure you didn't lose some oil by filling the filter and all oil passages etc?
what type of hone was used?
3 or 4 prong?

Back