half hour to start and runs rough

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

calmfornow

System Failure Racing
ok so we picked up a 92 accord dx 5 speed. it takes us around 30 min to get her to actually stay running. the ignition rotor is good, cap is clean, and im getting spark, obviously air, and when i turn the key on i hear the fuel pump working. it lopes really bad and when we first get it to start it is on the verge of stalling, backfires a little bit, and runs like crap. any help would be great thank you, o yea and the check engine light IS ON but only for a coolant temp sender i beilieve the sender or sensor it is the one on the head and not the water neck...wire was cut

ok, so i was working on it last night for a while.....so i redid all the vacuum lines, checked all conections, and found out why she was loping idle. like i said the coolant sensor wires were cut so i had a spare harness laying around and spliced the connector on, and plugged that in. i hand rotated the engine and seamed to be out of time, so i put cylinder 1 at TDC and rotated cam to TDC but i think it was on the wrong stroke of TDC, so i took off the timing belt off of the camshaft again!!!and did it again so it seems to run but misses pretty bad still but runs at a constant, you just hear it putt like a miss, any clue

pull all ur spark plugs check all the tips look for uneven wear and check the gapping on them and make sure there the right gap spec for ur motor if one of the plugs is burnt up it could be causing the loping and missfire also check all ur spark plug wires for countinuity as well

thanks....yea the wife is driving it daily now, still a little rough, but not too bad, the plugs do need to be changed tho lol but im thinking it possibly the IAC also, but i guess we will see....thanks for5 your help tho, i appretiate it

Back