Halflife 2 Deathmatch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HL2>CS:S>>HL2:DM

I play CS:S a lot, but no DM. I'm just not a big fan. I was never really into TFC either. :shrug2:

:werd: I whole heartedly agree. Best graphics, best gameplay, best story. Although.....if you're into strategy FPS's you should look into Brothers in Arms <== Good fucking game!

Hmm, IMO, Doom III has the best graphics I have seen so far, even though it's dark as shit. Have any good mods been made for HL2 yet? Counter Strike was okay, and I LOVED Day of Defeat.

HL2's graphics are on par with anything Doom 3 has, and the landscapes are 100% nice, but then again Doom 3 doesn't really have any :(

As far as mods, you mean like extra levels, or in game? I know you can use scripts to change parameters of the game, either to cheat, or to make certain graphic enhancments. Give it time and more will come. I know there are a lot of player made deathmatch levels.

Call me old school, but I still love playing Quake3 Excessive. I love having the server cranked at 150% speed and massive amounts of weapons.

Other FPS games are just too damn slow. My g/f gets motion sickness just watching me and my friends play, heh.

There is a speed hack in HL2 that makes it ridiculous. I haven't used it, but I saw someone in a DM use it, they were banned shortly afterwards.

Originally posted by Havok@Mar 29 2005, 08:16 PM
Hmm, IMO, Doom III has the best graphics I have seen so far, even though it's dark as shit. Have any good mods been made for HL2 yet? Counter Strike was okay, and I LOVED Day of Defeat.
[post=480317]Quoted post[/post]​

gallery_630_77_532747.jpg

HL2 graphics>Doom III
HL2 game>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Doom III

IMHO Doom III was a TERRIBLE game. It was boring and pointless. The whole thing was too dark to see and it just wasn't any fun.

Also, when HL2 gets HDR support (update in a week or two), it will rock the socks off of Doom III in the graphics dept.

oh yeah, and HL2 is much better optimized. I get MUCH better fps in hl2 vs. doom III.

:werd: on all counts.

And wtf is HDR support?

I plan on starting to play again once DoD: Source is released.

:worthy: DoD: Source

I play a shit load of deathmatch, as well as counter strike. I have not played too much lately, but I am planning on getting back into it this week. My screen name is the same as it is here.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Mar 29 2005, 11:41 PM
I play a shit load of deathmatch, as well as counter strike. I have not played too much lately, but I am planning on getting back into it this week. My screen name is the same as it is here.
[post=480420]Quoted post[/post]​

SN is the same here too, which server do you play at? I usually play in Killbox :)

I play under the names "Stoned Logic" and "Papa Smurf"

for CS:S I play a lot of Office and Dust2

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 29 2005, 03:23 PM
There is a speed hack in HL2 that makes it ridiculous. I haven't used it, but I saw someone in a DM use it, they were banned shortly afterwards.
[post=480352]Quoted post[/post]​

Not talkin about a hack... I want the whole game moving that fast. Faster, faster faster! All the other games give you too much time to think. You need just enough time to react and that's it. Any slower is useless and boring.

I'm also all about blasting a wall and sending myself halfway across a map. Our clan played Excessive CTF, and in a loaded server our fastest flag capture was 13 seconds. If you know just what walls to knock a BFG shot off of at point blank, you can navigate a map in an instant.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Mar 30 2005, 02:08 PM
Twitch games suck. I can't stand Quake or UT.
[post=480720]Quoted post[/post]​

I would not call UT a twitch game. Not by a longshot.

Back