HalfShaft Trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey what up?

i am on one of the last steps on ending my b16a swap in my EG. but what the F**k? the halfshaft that i have goes into the tranny and all, but when i try to line it up to the holes to put the bolts in....they wont go, its like the halft shaft is crooked? (*sp)

first i thought maybe i got the wrong shaft, but i lined it up to my LS block that i have also, but it fit there? (without a tranny)
could it be the back of the block? it just says b16a (b16a1, first gen) and the halfshaft said it was off a '94 Teg?

anybody have this problem b4? or what should i do? im not gunna do anything til i hear some input from you guys' out there, thanx for reading my situation, and i look foward to your responses thanx in advance.

-Omar

The halfshafts are different in the way they connect to the axle, but they should be the same length.

It is VERY possible you have a ZC or other DOHC D series halfshaft. know they're shorter than the B series ones, but have hte same bolt pattern for the block.

sure u dont have a half-shaft from an auto trans.? A/T and M/T halfshafts all have the same bolt pattern...but wont fit with the oppisite kind of tranny on it

now that i hear you guys saying it might be from an auto or it might be from a ZC, and then i also heard i need to get a 90-93 integra halfshaft? is this true? i'll keep an eye out for any Manual Tranny Halfshafts unless i need to get a 90-93? but i thought all b-series things would be the same????
holla. thanx
-Omar

Ok, here is a pic of a 92+ B16/94+ integra halfshaft compared to one of the D series halfshafts...

s3ebd4645b239f.jpg

Let me explain it, see on the top one how it has a shaft that goes out with splines on it, that goes into the joint, the bottom one has exactly the opposite, the axle goes into the halfshaft. That is the difference between the 90-93 integra and the other halfshafts, the 90-93 is hte same as the one on the bottom, but longer for the B series engine. You probably have a auto halfshaft (I didn't even think about that).

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Feb 18 2004, 09:31 PM
sure u dont have a half-shaft from an auto trans.? A/T and M/T halfshafts all have the same bolt pattern...but wont fit with the oppisite kind of tranny on it

the half shafts for integras (90-93) AT and/or MT are the same. Trust me done an AT to MT conversion using the AT half shaft. :D

hey 92b16vx,
do you have a pic of other side of the halfshaft? seems like there is a lil nub on the block that makes the halfshaft not want to meet up with the holes where it should bolt in, im thinking there is a difference on the back side of the halfshaft plate? i dunno, im still looking for A halfshaft that is FOR SURE a manual tranny one. anyways, again i have a 1st gen motor, thanx for everybodies help so far. =)
-Omar

well, i bought another halfshaft, this time off a 91 integra, (90-93) made sure it was a manual, although they are the same, anyways, IT WOULDN'T FIT! same problem, the back of the halfshaft plate hits like a lil nipple on the back of the block, im thinking if i can use a grinder and cut that lil nub off? some1 help!?

Originally posted by vroomvroomHB@Feb 19 2004, 11:36 PM
hey 92b16vx,
do you have a pic of other side of the halfshaft? seems like there is a lil nub on the block that makes the halfshaft not want to meet up with the holes where it should bolt in, im thinking there is a difference on the back side of the halfshaft plate? i dunno, im still looking for A halfshaft that is FOR SURE a manual tranny one. anyways, again i have a 1st gen motor, thanx for everybodies help so far. =)
-Omar

Sorry, no I don't. I don't know why there is a bump in the way, that is weird.

Back