hallowed CAT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

i have a chance to get a really cheap CAT for my swap..its off a 95 gsr but it is hallowed...will a hallowed Cat make me lose power/back pressure?recommended?

hallowed as in spiritual or hollowed?,if the guy gutted the cat then it will change sound/performancedepending on how thoroughly he gutted it

This is not worth doing.
1. Hollow converters do not flow significantly better than regular converters.
2. Hollow converts sound like ass. They give your car that raspy sound like the Neon you always see in traffic that thinks an exhaust system is removing the muffler and leaving the remaining pipes dangling.
3. Your chances of getting caught are slim but the fine is astronomical for tampering with emissions equipment. Even in areas with no emissions laws.
4. If you see a power gain it will be 1-2 hp at most. I don't call that significant.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Oct 31 2003, 12:02 PM
i have a chance to get a really cheap CAT for my swap..its off a 95 gsr but it is hallowed...will a hallowed Cat make me lose power/back pressure?recommended?

you shouldnt even have to pay for that.

yeah really, you can do that to ANY cat yourself for like nothin...just find a useed one and bang the stuff out of it, however, what you should really do is get a test pipe, and then get the right flange connections, you'd have to do the same with hollowing out a cat, but you won't get the jacked up flow a hollowed cat would give

Again no, what you should really do is stop being a cheap ass ricer and get a high flow cat. The test pipe will have all the same draw backs listed above.

I went test pipe, if going NA the gains are almost nothing but I choose this option for cost reasons and restriction reasons.

If you have OBD2 car than I say hell no! It may run rich due to the glazing of the O2 sensor that was once protected by the stuff in the cat.

The hollow sound is terrible!

Back