Halo Headlights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dman1100

I just recently got a leak in the right front headlight on my civic, it's fixable but i want to get some halo headlights anyway. i'll probably fix the headlight and sell it or something though. But i can't decide if i should get black or chrome housing for the Halo's on the white body color. I like the black housing but i don't think it would look right. Any suggestions?

Angel eyes, aka Halos, belong on BMW's, just like Z3 fenders do. But i guess they're not as riced out as Z3 fenders so it should look pretty decent-ish. I'd go with the chrome housing though.

They aren't played out too much around here so i figure it wouldn't be too bad. i just like the way they look. and i don't want to do any engine mods until i can do a swap so i'm going to do some decent exterior stuff. i'm not into body kits and junk though

Umm, don't get them, they burn up so fast it isn't even funny. My buddy just got some about 2 weeks ago on his ek coupe, and yeah he went to the track to run his car, and during a run the actual switch caught on fire inside the coupe, I mean it sparked and stuff and was all hot, and by the time he pitted, he found out the whole harness burnt out and he was lucky he didn't have an engine fire. His were converted to h1 and h3 and were totaly legit, not some cheap knockoff, its just that they burn up, and aren't good really. I have heard of some horror stories of where they weren't lucky and the whole car burnt up just because of the halo lens catching on fire.

My opinion you want something different, projectors are good if they are glass, and IMO denji makes the best ones or the oem type r's.

dunno about the burning up thing .... but i have yet to see an aftermarket light that didnt leak in less than 1 year

might.... might not
who knows

i would definatly suggest it though... might not stop it .. but it will delay it at least

i still want to hear about this burning up problem before i get them though and i don't know a lot about projectors and stuff.

Originally posted by Dman1100@Jul 19 2003, 04:22 PM
Will the stock bulbs fit in the lamps or will i have to get new harnesses and bulbs?

If you buy a new set of projectors, they will come with a new wiring harness and bulbs. It comes with everything you are going to need to install. B)

I have black projectors and I love 'em. I just got a new rex tho and before I put them on I will do the halo's. I think the only reason why they burned up is because A.- they weren't fused, and B.- your friend probably had them wired up wrong or they were ghetto and shorted out. How are those cheap ones on eBay? are they supposed to be half-way descent? I wouldn't care too much if they shit the bead shortly because they're like $25. My stock headlights even with the zenon bulbs (which actually are brighter) don't compare AT ALL to my projectors. The projectors are bright as hell. My friends won't let me drive behind them at night because they get blinded throught the rear-view mirror. Not really Ricey either. i got the black ones with black corners (illegal).

does anyone got pictures of them on their car? i was looking at those angel eyes and they look pretty cool but i wanna see what they look like on like a 92-95 civic. oh yeah, some of those angel eyes come with blue projector lenses. does that make the light apear blue/purple? different corners are illegal? which are legal? that will look good with the chrome angel eyes?

i have a friend with them on his accord and i saw a civic (coupe) the other day with them. in my opinion they look damn sweet. i want to put some one my sol.
my friend has no complaints whatsoever about his, but he has only had them a few months

This is what the black projectors look like. THey look a lot better with the JDM Amber or Black Corners but mine leak too much so i switched them up.

civic1.jpg

civic2.jpg

Back