Halo Headlights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I had the black corners on them before but after i had a little accident (hence the black fender) One cracked slightly and leaked all the time. Black corners and headlights looked sweet as hell. Waiting for the new ones to come :D

Has anyone ever even seen halo projectors for crx's? I've looked and looked but ive never found them. If anyone could tell me where to find them, I'd greatly appriciate it.

Now, the matter at hand. White car, chrome projectors would be more subtle and the black ones would stand out more. Go from there, it depends on what your looking for. My $.02

Originally posted by Dman1100@Jul 19 2003, 12:59 PM
i still want to hear about this burning up problem before i get them though and i don't know a lot about projectors and stuff.

If you have AIM IM Civic97LS and ask how did your headlights burnup? He is a somewhat of a mechanicly incline, so I don't believe they were ghett0 wired.

i don't think they look like altezza's because chrome looks stock for a headlight but i like the the way black headlights look on the impala's

I like black but thats my own opinion theres a guy here with a white civic and black housing lights and i think it looks like ass... if you have a red or maybe green car i would say black... other then that chrome is good for white

I have Angel Eyes on my accord and they not leak, the chances of them "burning up" is like one in a million. I would go with black housing also on a white car chrome looks good on wheels? Last but not least people still use Altezzas?

Originally posted by Dman1100@Jul 19 2003, 03:19 PM
I just recently got a leak in the right front headlight on my civic, it's fixable but i want to get some halo headlights anyway. i'll probably fix the headlight and sell it or something though. But i can't decide if i should get black or chrome housing for the Halo's on the white body color. I like the black housing but i don't think it would look right. Any suggestions?

What color is your car? If it's dark colored or if you have a CF hood, go with the black housing... the sho chrome is ugly IMO. I've got these on my 98 Sedan:

http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseac...ic=L8500611.jpg

The do scatter the light a bit, but you can adjust them so it's all good. I've had mine for about 6 months and have never had mine catch on fire or anything, just bulb changes that's all.

i'd say go for black if your car has other black things, such ass black wheels, stickers, etc... otherwise i'd go for chrome.my teal hatch had the chrome ones and they made my visibility much better at night.

i recently got a pair of the cheapy EBAY projectors and i was pleasently surprised. good build quality is apparent throught the units, as well as being a perfect fit to my 95 civic LSI coupe.
they are bright, but do however scatter quite a bit.
but if you dont mind this.. they look hot in black surround on red pearl paint.
and for the price, u get your moneys worth.
8 outta 10 in my opinion.
hope this helps

holy hot shit, old thread man. haha, nice first post. welcome to hondaswap.

I have a eg white coupe. I bought the black 1 piece projectors off ebay for 140 with halo's. They look amazing and really brighten up the road. A lot better then stock. black with white def.

Umm, don't get them, they burn up so fast it isn't even funny. My buddy just got some about 2 weeks ago on his ek coupe, and yeah he went to the track to run his car, and during a run the actual switch caught on fire inside the coupe, I mean it sparked and stuff and was all hot, and by the time he pitted, he found out the whole harness burnt out and he was lucky he didn't have an engine fire. His were converted to h1 and h3 and were totaly legit, not some cheap knockoff, its just that they burn up, and aren't good really. I have heard of some horror stories of where they weren't lucky and the whole car burnt up just because of the halo lens catching on fire.

My opinion you want something different, projectors are good if they are glass, and IMO denji makes the best ones or the oem type r's.
Bad wiring buddy, don't blame the equipment. I've had my projectors almost a year now, nothing burned up, haven't blown a bulb yet idea. But some times it comes down to the brand I guess, my bother bought a set of ebay for his accord, and has gone through all my extra h1 bulbs I took out when I got my projectors to switch over to the silverstars

Bad wiring buddy, don't blame the equipment. I've had my projectors almost a year now, nothing burned up, haven't blown a bulb yet idea. But some times it comes down to the brand I guess, my bother bought a set of ebay for his accord, and has gone through all my extra h1 bulbs I took out when I got my projectors to switch over to the silverstars
this is a 4 year old thread. i think the problem is fixed.

I have crome halo projectors on my 94 civic you can see pictures of it in the gallery or in showoff under joe civic ive had them on my car for like 2 year and they have never cought on fire and ive never changed the bulbs.when I first got them they like fogged up but I dryed them out and moved the little vents so they whould get air havent had any problems

Back