handling all effed up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i drove someone elses hatch the other day, no power steering just like mine, and his car feels tight the front end no play on the steerng wheel, my car has so much play, and when i hit potholesor little bumps the wheel moves, does anyone know what the problem is its a 93 cx :huh:

could be bushings. you can order a set from energy suspension and pop em in yourself with a blowtorch and a hacksaw. takes a few hours, alot more if your suspension hasnt been replaced recently or have no experience.

~120 for the master kit, makes a huge difference.

it could be a few things.

- if you are running wheels that are +3" or more over stock wheel size, its probably bump-steer (not enough sidewall flex).

- if your car has lots of miles on it, it could be worn tie-rods.

- could be that your shocks and/or springs are worn.

- could be your tire pressures are off.

- could be you need a front end alignment.

i had the same problem you do. it ended up to being my tie-rod. i just got a alignment anyways just because i did the work myself, but the problem was solved after that.
i'm also getting the bushings master kit from energy suspension. so i'll let you know how that goes too.

usually massive play in the wheel is some sort of major suspension or steering component. Bushings would only produce a little loosy goosy steering. I concur on the tie rods.

Back