Handy tip for R&R flywheel and crankpulley

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hi guys,

I just got done loosening the flywheel bolts without using a ring gear holder, crankpulley wrench or even a scrap piece of metal to use as a flywheel holder. I just used a box wrench that was the right length and used that to keep the flywheel from moving. Some people said you can use a scrap piece of metal, but I didn't have any laying around so I used a wrench instead.

It's really simple, just use a tranny bolt and put it through the closed end of your wrench and thread the bolt into the mounting hole. Put one of the flywheel bolts in place and thread it in all the way and use the other end of the wrench to hold that flywheel bolt and flywheel in place. Flywheel didn't move at all...only thing I had to worry about was tiping my motor. :p

After I get my flywheel resurfaced and reinstalled and my crankpulley bolt tightenend, I'll see if a reverse method works too.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...42/f7a8500c.jpg

Hey guys, I posted this on a few other sites, and I thought I'd share it with you guys too.

EDIT: hopefully you guys can see the pic now

HTH

:suprised:

That....

is awesome.
Honestly never thought of that before.

You don't have permission to access /picture/sraid131/p59045c9f74f8e61dd198059b915a7642/f7a8500c.jpg on this server.

Wow, that is fanfuckingtastic.

I was about to buy a ringgear holder to torque down my flywheel. You just saved me a couple of bucks. :thumbsup:

Back