Happy Birthday !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

alaskancodkiller (27)

Come back ACK !

Thanks Cel!

I've been a bonified lurker, I can safely admit it.

Between working on the road, the move from OR to IN, the fiance, baby on the way I've been busy. Throw running my own construction company on top of it, and I am just plain out of time.

I check in when I'm on the computer and need a break from the numbers, and lines of cad drawings and prints. Soon as i decompress a little, I get right back at it. I haven't forgotten about you guys, life is just consuming my time now a days.

Wait, you're actually moving here?

Why?

happy birthday a few days late. :ph34r:

Already moved to Indy, in February. There's more to it, but basically; my fiance's family is all from here, and she missed them. Now that we're here, and their true colors have come to light, we're looking at moving back. 5 grand, 2500 miles, and a year of busting ass on starting a company just pissed away. But such is life, one day I'll get a diploma for my credits earned. lol

Good to hear things are busy. Busy is never a bad thing.

I was going for world domination... and it got out of hand. I was working 16-18 hours daily, and only saw her when she'd wake me up to come to bed. Or if she would come hang out while I worked. Our anniversary was spent finishing the install of a clients kitchen. Although I did order a dessert pizza to go along with our delivered pizza dinner. :wub: :ph34r:

With the new girl only 3 months away, I've seen the light. I'm now content with the way the world is, and see no need to conquer it. Long as I'm allowed my little slice of the pie, I'll be concentrating on my family, and raising the little squirt the best we possibly can.

Good to hear.. But starting the business again.. That's sacrifice. I see she sacrificed for you too though, so things sound pretty solid !

I couldn't ask for a better person to support me through it all. It was her that actually pushed me to make the leap into my own gig. We're after the big picture, and can both see it. Even on the cloudy days, we're BOTH able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm kinda looking forward to the restart, but at the same time dreading it. I learned a LOT of lessons, that can only be learned through experience. It's a chance to re-structure, and change some things that I should've done differently. Keep what I like, and drop/change things that I'm not extatic about.. like those 18 hour days.

It was my second shot at business, and first as a construction biz. It sounds bad put like that, but I've run them to be what I consider successful. and only closed them by my choice with the moves.

The nice part comes when you find someone who will work on a 1099 to do work FOR you.. Then you can just "sit back" (Yeah, right) and let some money work for you. I have an assistant who is a weekend security guard. He makes good money at that gig, so his week is open to my jobs. A little training, and I pay him $25 an hour (Which is good for break/fix stuff) all the while charging my usual $120/hour rate. Then I can use that time to focus on other things, like advertising, billing, and project planning. Next I'm going to find a 1099 Project Manager. I had 2 this year, but they found jobs during the weekdays.

Back