happy d-day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
june 6, 1944, the alliles said FU to hitler and took the beaches.

i've heard so much about this in school in the past month lol. 3 history classes sucked. in one we talked about something then like 3 days later we'd talk about it in another class... lol... and we watched saving private ryan twice.

Damn those teachers for trying to teach you an important part of our history. They should be fired!

i've heard so much about this in school in the past month lol. 3 history classes sucked. in one we talked about something then like 3 days later we'd talk about it in another class... lol... and we watched saving private ryan twice.

In high school I wish we could have gone into a lot of the stuff they taught in more detail. Be happy they talked about it 3 times. Now I can't get enough of WWII history. I actually need to get back into reading the book I started.

I talked to my gramps a few months ago about his role in WWII. He was one of the lucky ones that went in on DDay +2 to help set up, so he didn't actually have to live through the hell on earth that was the actual invasion.

Well as long as they are not telling you the evils of the American Empire. History has everything to do with our current situation. We would be fools to not examine the past. We watched Band of Brothers in one class at ITT

That was meant more for 2000Si lol. But Matt said it originally. I just clarified it.

I thought thats what you meant, but I didn't want to make an assumption. ;)

WWII was far from over on DDay. Hitler was still "winning" on the western front, until April 1945 when the Russians broke through to Berlin on the eastern front and stormed the Reichstag. Once Russia got through, it spelled the end for Hitler as he couldn't keep command of his generals on the western front and ordered them to fight to the death, instead most surrendered, except the one general who pushed for one final attempt. It was called the battle of the bulge.

So anyway, I figured you meant eg6, but I wasn't sure. :)

Back