Happy Hanakuh

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
to those that celebrate Hanakuh (sp?) here on the board, Happy Hanakuh to you all.

yeah Hanakuh (sp?) started today according to my calendar i have at work.

Yes I know what it means I'm just picking on the holiday since everywhere you go it's nothing but Santa this and Santa that =)~

only thing Hanakuh "sp" has that makes itself public is Adam Sandlers song. speaking of that song I can't believe I've yet to hear it this year. The norm is to play it 8 times a day.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Dec 9 2004, 01:35 AM
lol, 11 replys now and no one spelled it right. Chanukah
[post=429167]Quoted post[/post]​

actually, there is no CORRECT way to spell it in English...

Hannukah
Chanukah
Channuka

All considered correct in english, because there is no "official" way to spell it in english.

Yep, I have some jewish in my family, well not exactly but my uncles wife is jewish and my aunts husband is jewish. I get presents for both holidays usually. This year I'm not though, they too far away :(.

hmm...

quote from ben stein's yearbook...

roses are red
violets are blue
i still like you
even though you're a jew...

dead serious quot too...

Bah humbug :D ... but it is spelled so many ways it is unreal.

Channukah

n : (Judaism) an eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem in 165 BC [syn: Hanukkah, Hanukah, Hannukah, Chanukah, Chanukkah, Channukah, Channukkah, Festival of Lights, Feast of Lights, Feast of Dedication, Feast of the Dedication]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University and dictionary.com.

im not actually jewish enough to celebrate hanuka, my grandparents were jews...and im christian. I was always taught that to be jewish is a culture, or race, then theres judaism which is the religion that practices hanukkah and reads the torah and ish...but thanks anyway

EDIT: i call myself the jewish guy because in highschool everyone, even my teachers called me " the jew" so it stuck

Back