Harassment from the Cops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

So for the last 3 weeks, the cops have shown up at our house for noise complaints that we did NOT cause...ok well 1 time it was called for, but all the other times, it was complete bullshit. They have shown up and bitched at us for having as few as 4 people on our front porch...and there are 9 people living in our house. We were not being loud, nor were we being offensive in any way.

Does anyone know how the hell to get the damn cops off our backs? I mean this is getting rediculous. They show up for no appearant reason. They showed up when we were all inside and listening to one of our friends playing accustic guitar.

/rant

Cliffs:

The popo's are harassing us. :angry:

not really for whatever reason they got your number now and will probably drive by and check up on you periodicly. just like havin a car cops know when you get stopped enough you get pulled over for no reason.

Originally posted by neonmike@Sep 18 2005, 07:48 AM
not really for whatever reason they got your number now and will probably drive by and check up on you periodicly. just like havin a car cops know when you get stopped enough you get pulled over for no reason.
[post=556205]Quoted post[/post]​

They don't just stop in like that unless there's reason to.

Some dickhead is calling the cops and telling them you guys are making too much noise.

I would call the barracks and ask for the man in charge and talk to him about how you feel that you're not being loud and you would like to know why they keep showing up, if it's from a complaint, or if they're just stoping by becuase they have nothing better to do.

Also about pulling you over for no reason, once again they can't do that. People seem to think they can.... but no. If you have clear taillights on your car, no front tag, wrong placment of front tag, an after market exhaust, and so on, you give them a reason to pull you over and check your reg/DL/insuracnce. However, if your car is 100% stock and you have the tags on your car (in the right places) and also drive like you shuod. they cannot pull you over with out having a reason, if they do take down their name and call their superviser.

I remember one night, I was on a ride along, We pulled up behind a normal car driving down the road, the officer told me that the person driving has been arrested many times for crack use/dealing. He was almost sure she had something on her becuase of her background, he stayed behind her for a few miles waiting... just waiting for her to do something illegal. She never did and he was pissed becuase he had no reason to pull her over. He backed off and said "I know I could have got her for some drug charge, damn)

Bottom line, don't give them a reason to pull you over and you CANT get pulled over.
If they do, they can't do jack shit to you, once again call the superviser so he can get his ass chewed out.

Sorry, but can do anything they want. Honest ones won't, but if one is having a bad day, there's always a reason to stop someone.

the cops around here have absolutly no problem making shit up
i know from experience and i know because i am friends with a few of them and i hear about it all the time
they are a big fan of the "you were swerving or drifting in your lane" bullshit
or, "your car fit the description of blah blah blah"
or another one of my favorites... "you took that corner a little fast" when you are still under the posted limit
end of story is, cops can pull you over for whatever the fuck they feel like, and whatever sounds like it might be a credible reason at the time, regardless of whether or not its complete bullshit

as for the cops coming to the house all the time... get the officers names and or badge numbers, then call and put in a harassment complaint

is it the same officers everytime?? or is one of the two the same?? Next time they come ask them "Was there a complaint? i dont want names, but id like to know." Or "So why are you guys really coming here all the time?" what days of the week do they come normally, most often?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 18 2005, 11:48 AM
Sorry, but can do anything they want. Honest ones won't, but if one is having a bad day, there's always a reason to stop someone.
[post=556248]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah no kidding. They can say, "your tail light is out" and you cant prove em wrong since ur in the car.

I can't stand police . . they bust innocent people for no reason when they REALLY should be out stopping violent crime, domestic violence, arresting drug dealers, and stopping car theives.

It boggles the mind.

jeffie... it's nice to make yourself think that just because cops "can't" then it doesn't happen... but it does happen. a lot. 90% of cops have NO problem with pulling you over before even inventing a reason. It keeps their inflated egos up.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 18 2005, 11:48 AM
[post=556248]Quoted post[/post]​

That's when you call up their boss at the station and request a reason as to why you were pulled over. Trust me, the officer WILL get his ass chewed out, unless of course, he had reason to pull you over.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 18 2005, 02:35 PM
jeffie... it's nice to make yourself think that just because cops "can't" then it doesn't happen... but it does happen. a lot. 90% of cops have NO problem with pulling you over before even inventing a reason. It keeps their inflated egos up.
[post=556312]Quoted post[/post]​

I've been out with many cops and 95% of them are really great guys, however there is that other 5% that make the other 95% look like total asses. I've seen them first hand being on their side)

bottom line if you get pulled over for an inflated ego you need to take it up with the station becuase once again he will get his ass chewed out.

One of the AA boys I went out with use to talk way to much to the people he pulled over, talking about how he could do such and such. Bottom line, hes on his 3rd stike with the station, next time something happens hes fired.

I can't push it enough, CALL THE STATION!!!!!

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Sep 18 2005, 03:35 AM
So for the last 3 weeks, the cops have shown up at our house for noise complaints that we did NOT cause...ok well 1 time it was called for, but all the other times, it was complete bullshit. They have shown up and bitched at us for having as few as 4 people on our front porch...and there are 9 people living in our house. We were not being loud, nor were we being offensive in any way.

Does anyone know how the hell to get the damn cops off our backs? I mean this is getting rediculous. They show up for no appearant reason. They showed up when we were all inside and listening to one of our friends playing accustic guitar.

/rant

Cliffs:

The popo's are harassing us. :angry:
[post=556179]Quoted post[/post]​

What time of night is this going on?

in the words of sublime:

It's this fucked-up situation and these fucked-up police,
It's about comin' up and stayin' on top,
And screamin' 1-8-7 on a mother fuckin' cop.

Fuck cops. Here in Denver, they just pull you over for no Goddamn reason, give you a reckless driving ticket, your girlfriend a careless driving ticket, and they get away with it in court. Fuck em all. :rant:

ok ok ok ok ... get this..

it's 10:00 am, rt 58 through southern CT. ok, you don't know Rt 58 - So here it is :

/\/\/\/\___/\/ That's what it looks like on a map, only it's hilly too. It coasts through rich ass neighborhoods (Westport, CT), the roads are silky smooth (Highest taxes in the US) and the scenery is astounding. It's got narrow bridges that take you towards eye-popping bends and into heddy, phallic straightaways under tunnels and trees. It's breathtaking.

It's also 2 lane, no passing.

So I'm zipping along in my Supra - Minding my own business. I come along one of 2 consecutive passing zones - No more for the entire trip. I get up on the first one, and there is a full size Yukon in front of me. I hit the signals and begin the overtake - And the fuckbag floors it and challenges me to the corner! Well, I'm cautious, and I know their is another passing zone coming up. I back down, get in back.

Second passing zone I'm about 15 car lengths behind him. I knock that Supra into 3rd and come at the dude like my ass is on fire. I mean I'm COOKING. And he floors it, again. Well, this time the only way he could stop me is if I pulled my ebrake, and even then it would tight. Nothing short of an asteroid hit is going to level the playing the field.

I get up on his side....

I pull ahead...

Exhaust tones screaming...

Police strobes.

Yeah, he was a fuckin unmarked cop. When I started to pass him, he hit his lights (behind the tints) and scared the living shit out of me. I slammed on the brakes, scared of what to do. I slipped in behind him.

He kept going. What a fartknocker. I had to follow his 25 mph laughing ass all the way to the town line.

Entrapment, it really was. I got no ticket, but I was FUMING. I wanted to pass this guy in a passing zone, with no oncoming traffic. Granted, I was going about 4 times the legal speed limit at several points, but still. It's horseshit.

I got pulled over one night on the way home from work. Officer told me these exact words, "well, you got a tinted license plate cover. Plus I had nothin better to do, so..."

We talked to all out neighbors today at a little block gettogether and they seem pretty chill. We explained that lots of random people were showing up, and that we knew 30 kids at the end of the block and they seemed to understand. We also gave them our email and phone numbers so they can contact us if its getting out of hand. Hopefully this will fix the problem...but if it doesn't you'll see this thead bumped next weekend with more rants from me.

Back