Harbor Freight Tools??? anyone have anything from there??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have beat the hell out of their 18 gauge pin nailers in my construction classes. My kids forget to oil them, jam them up whatever else an 18 kid would do. I haven't had any real problem aside from a jammed nail or a failed o ring which they give you a spare set. I did have one instance where a part actuall broke and Customer Service sent out a replacement free. We have used them exclusively for a year every other day and out of the 6 I bought 5 are currently working and the other one I need to look at. I would say they were worth the money since I got three for the price of one porter cable.

You do get what you pay for but most of their items are solid - if it breaks take it back and they will replace it.

+1 on don't get anything electronic from there.

I have an aluminum race jack from there, it is the scariest thing i've used. I barely have enough confidence to jack the car up and let it sit in time for me to put jack stands under the car. LOL. hasn't failed yet, but when you pump up, the handle will rise and the jack sinks until the handle is straight up, then it will actually hold. lol.
if you have a local store then i wouldn't be so hesitant about buying stuff from them
i got the alum jack you're talking about
worked great until someone went past the max point
they don't have a pressure bypass, so all the leverage from the long handle just blows the shit out of the seal
it still works, but you need to add oil like its a ranger :)p) and it'll drop over time, kinda like leaky air valves (FTL)

my brother bought a 4" angle grinder and caught it on fire
i thought he was kidding so i plugged it in and gave it a try and it started bellowing smoke

i have a Harbor Freight Tools store about 2 miles from my work and they always have nice sales and cheap too.....anything you need they have it!!!!

Berland's House of Tools - If we don't have it, you don't need it!

Best tool store in the whole, wide world.

Can't buy online, but if you're ever in the Chicago area, check them out. The theory around here is that the show Home Improvement got their inspiration from them. Berland (Binford) had a tool show 'Tool Time' on local public access TV showcasing the new tools in the store long before the sitcom came around. And the show was actually funny! :)

I got my drywall saw there too... I think I'll be on my 5th pair of dikes from there when i stop by.

Back