Hard Power Steering

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

makemagick

So I took of the power steering belt, (probably gonna take off the bracket this weekend as well), but for some reason the power steering is much harder on my teggy than on my friends DX which comes with no power steering factory.

I was wondering what steering rack should I look for that will fit my teggy that comes no power steering factory. A local jdm shop said only JDM models of the civic would come no pwr steering factory, and that i need to rebuild my steering rack for 300$? i looked at them like they were crazy because im pretty sure its not worth that money

-thx for the help :D

It's harder because you're now working against all the fluid and pump that aren't circulating anymore... and the manual rack doesn't have that, plus the manual has a slower (easier) rack ratio. Loop your power steering lines into a vented catch can to relieve the pressure while still keeping fluid in the system so it doesn't run dry and you'll have your easy steering mostly back.

Back