Hard to Keep Power Steering in DC2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hi All

I have a B20 Long Block I am planning on swapping in to my 98 Inegra LS. I know it will be a direct swap using the LS parts but my question is:

how much of a pain in the ass is it to keep the A/C and Power Steering?

This is my commute car and I really want to keep at least the power steering intact.

yeah but that is internal.

you have to use the LS Intake Manifold anyways. I think headers are the same as well?

the B20 block is basically a LS 1.8 bored out to 2.0 at the factory...

now how about keeping the power steering?

thanks!

He already answered your question.

If the block is the same obviously the power steering will be in the same place if you use the Integra bracket.

yeah my buddy who is helping me made it seem like it was a pain in the ass the keep the power steering. I think he means you have to disconnect it to pull the motor and maybe reconnecting it is difficult? It doesn't sound like many people find this difficult though. To be fair, he has swapped around 15 - 20 motors in to Hondas - including my JDM Type R in my EK hatch.

cool this gives me more confidence then. does the PS have to be completely removed for the swap or just disconnected from the block? Is clearance an issue when removing the motor? What about AC. Is it hard to keep that as well? Thanks!

The power steering you can go either way.. even if you disconnect the lines it's trivial to reconnect and bleed it when you're done. If you can just move it off to the side and keep it hooked up it's less work though..

If you can leave the A/C lines connected and just move it out of the way & work around it then do that. That way you don't have to worry about recovering/recharging the system which is how I usually do it unless I'm at work. We have a nice $3500 machine that makes it easy there lol

ok cool man. I'm gonna try to keep it connected and move it out of the way... prolly if I take the headers and heat shield off first there will be more clearance. gonna also pull the radiator before removal of the block - that should help a little..

I'll let you guys know how it goes! thanks.

Yeah that should work just make sure you don't put a hole in the condenser.. I've always been able to leave the A/C in, it just gets a little tricky sometimes & helps to have some extra hands around.

Back