hardwired kenwood

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the guy who had my car before me took out his radio but cut out the original honda plug so i had to hardwire te cars wires to my kenwoods radios wires, i wanted to know if the plug that goes into the kenwood radio is universal for all kenwoods, thanks :huh:

well I had a pretty old kenwood in my car then I bought a new kenwood and it had the same harness that plugs into the back of the kenwood. hope this helps

You can cut the wires from the back of the Kenwood headunit so you have the correct colors. Then just match them up to any new headunit.

what i did was went to the junk yard and found harness for my car cut it and left asap... i had my local shop soder it on cuz i m am color blind it made it easyier to put a radio in

I just spliced everything in my deck and soldered it later on. I didn't want to pay for a harness.

yes its the same... and sve yourself the trouble, and go buy an harness from the junkyard to make future jobs easier y0.

when you soder shit your sure it will last if done right

I've had a crapload of different kenwoods... all the same
good luck

I just run power and grounds straight to the battery and chassis, then splice into the ascessory and illumination. You can play with the speaker wires to figure out what is what, but it is easier to run an amp and crossovers, and avoid the cars wiring all together, you never know what some one did under there before.

Back