harness and ecu for 99-00 si into 96-98 EK?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

clevisR6

my friend was suggesting that if i find an ek, it may be better since the chassis are stiffer (than eg). anyway, i found a ek hatch for cheap (about what ek's, are going for) so, how's the wiring work?
i'm getting his engine , trans, ecu, and stuff. (99-00 si b16a2)

which harness do i need, and will i be able to use si ecu?

if ur ek is 96-98 then u can probably use the 99-00 SI harness but u would need a OBD2B jumper harness for the ecu...

Originally posted by qtmac_mien@Aug 12 2005, 12:30 AM
if ur ek is 96-98 then u can probably use the 99-00 SI harness but u would need a OBD2B jumper harness for the ecu...
[post=539127]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, genius, you can use a 99-00 harness in a 96-98 if you don't like having a freakin' WORKING GAUGE CLUSTER. Way to give out FALSE INFORMATION. Moron.

A 99-00 harness will NOT WORK in a 96-98 without rewiring the whole freakin' dash harness. Your best bet is to either rewire your stock harness (instructions here: http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/wiring.96-98.jpg ) or get a 96-98 EX harness. Don't ask about using an integra harness, you can't use it. Period. End of story.

You can use the 99-00 Si ecu, but you'll need a jumper. Your best bet is to get an obd2a-obd1 jumper and an obd1 p72, p30, or chipped p28. I'd shoot for a p72 or p30. If you don't want to go through all that, you can get an obd2a p30 or p72. I ran an obd2a p72 on my B16 in my 98 sedan without any problems at all.

Also, I'm curious as to where you heard that the EK chassis is stiffer. I don't believe I've ever heard anything like that...and there's probably a reason for that.

Oh, and using an obd2b jumper harness on an obd2b harness in an obd2a car will NOT make the harness work.

Originally posted by civicious@Aug 12 2005, 12:18 AM
Oh, and using an obd2b jumper harness on an obd2b harness in an obd2a car will NOT make the harness work.
[post=539134]Quoted post[/post]​

i lost you here.... what do you mean?

also, i was going to get the greddy 99-00 si turbo kit to go with it, but i think i have to use the 99 si ecu then, since the greddy emanagement is a piggyback...

someone suggested that i just go the obd1 route and get uberdata for turbo..

as for the ek being stiffer than eg, my friend told me. he got it from all the honda japanese mags and books that he reads. they are literally in japanese, i can't read them, but he can since he's....japanese.

i thought that in 96 they had to change stuff for government crash tests, so maybe that made it stiffer..... i don't know, i'll ask him.

If you decide to go with the 99-00 Si ecu, and don't already have one, let me know. I have one for sale. :p

um i dunno what everyone is tripping off of, but I have from personal experience on 2 cars used a 99-00 SI harness on a 96-98 civic, if u take the entire engine harness out and use the the 99-00 engine harness with a 99-00 ecu it all plugs in, the only differences were the O2 plugs are reveresed(male/female plugs were on opposite sides) and the distributor plugs are a slightly different, i just repinned the distributor plug color for color and it worked fine.

if the car is an ex then just rewire your stock harness, all you have to do is lengthen a few wires. And if you want to stick with the obd2b ecu from your friends motor you gotta get a jumper harness. Or you can go through all the trouble of swapping out the harness. If your cars not an ex you'ed be better off swapping the harnesses because it will look alot cleaner.

Back