harness question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sevenhillsbilly

is it possible to use a z6 harness on a mini me swap using a a6 block witn a z6 head and the a6 tranny?
if so woule it bebetter to use the z6 and do a obd1 conversion?

what's the chassis/car? If I were you I'd just ad the wires for the vtec yourself or get the adapter harness from Rywire. Much cleaner and simpler. Your Z6 harness won't plug into your shock tower if you have a civic or crx. You might be able to have the harnesses combined by hasport or rywire, but you'd probably be better off just getting the jumper.

Yes, it would be better to do the OBD1 conversion. More tunability/reliability.

Yes, use the A6 tranny.

ok well it is a crx hf with the mini me swap on the a6 but would it be better if i use the a6 harness and get the vtec jumper harness from rywire and do the ecu conversion that way?

yeah, that'd be good. Sorry, for some dumb reason I was thinking the A6 was the DPFI. Call me a fucktard. the A6 harness will plug right in there without an issue, as far as I know anyway. I had an A6 harness plugged all up on my B18B1, so I would say it's safe to assume it'll plug right into an A6/Z6.

D16A6 Si engine harness will not work in the HF car with the HF chassis harness - you need to use the HF engine harness

why wont it? it wont couple on the wheel well or in the ecu
the Si engine harness will plug right into the HF chassis harness, but the car won't run - the Si harness driver's side connector at the firewall has the wires (except for one) in all different locations than in the HF connector - the biggest problem is that the wire for the igniter in the Si harness is in the passenger side connector and in the HF harness it is in the driver's side connector - use the Si engine harness with the HF chassis harness and the car will not start and you will get Check Engine Light and code 15 for the igniter

i go the head on the block but im sittin at school and my cars at home :( but i will convert to obd1 with the ecu and jumpers but still use my hf engine harness

Back