Harness Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18cEK

Can I use an engine harness from a 99 GSR on my 99 civic EX chassis?? My civic was obd2b and integras form 99 are obd2a does this matter??? :huh:

No. You cannot use a GSR harness in any 96-up civic without extensive (and pointless) modification. Get a 99-00 Civic EX or Si harness, or rewire your stock harness for VTEC per the directions in the Articles section.

i have a 00 civic SI harness, after i do my swap, ill sell it for cheap, assuming the wiring harness i bought, works.

Originally posted by civicious@Apr 27 2005, 02:39 AM
No. You cannot use a GSR harness in any 96-up civic without extensive (and pointless) modification. Get a 99-00 Civic EX or Si harness, or rewire your stock harness for VTEC per the directions in the Articles section.
[post=491907]Quoted post[/post]​

Do I have to modify the EX harness for b series??

Not a whole lot of modification for your 99 EX harness on a 99 Si motor, maybe a couple wires, not sure of the exact differences.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 27 2005, 06:10 AM
Not a whole lot of modification for your 99 EX harness on a 99 Si motor, maybe a couple wires, not sure of the exact differences.
[post=491926]Quoted post[/post]​

Can someone tell me exactly what I have to change for the 99 EX harness to work on my GSR motor??

You're going to have to add the IABs, add the knock sensor wire, and possibly a couple other things like the IAC or altenator may be different.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 29 2005, 05:06 PM
You're going to have to add the IABs, add the knock sensor wire, and possibly a couple other things like the IAC or altenator may be different.
[post=493151]Quoted post[/post]​

Will a Civic Si harness solve these problems??

he can use the harness he has in the car the diffrence between the 96 civic and the GSR the GSR is a two peice and the civic is one what i would do is use your harness and wire in the knock sensor and the IAB intake air bypass this is becuse of the two peice manifold on the GSR and also the H22 has the same thing. I think your harness has a knock sensor in it let me check and get back to you. hope this helps let me know.

YA BOY STEVEO

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@May 1 2005, 01:54 AM
he can use the harness he has in the car the diffrence between the 96 civic and the GSR the GSR is a two peice and the civic is one what i would do is use your harness and wire in the knock sensor and the IAB intake air bypass this is becuse of the two peice manifold on the GSR and also the H22 has the same thing. I think your harness has a knock sensor in it let me check and get back to you. hope this helps let me know.

YA BOY STEVEO
[post=493537]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah anything you can tell me helps. Thanks

Back