Harnness Trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrowNKiD

i have a b18c5 and im gonna put it in my eg hb... can i use the b18c5 harness?? i know i can modefy the civic harness but can i use the b18c5 harnnes... if i use the b18c5 harness everything will jus plug into a chiped p28... rite?

answer is yes.. but you must change the dizzy, injectors, and a few plugs from an OBDI motor, such as the OBD1 GSR... i think? thats what info i got when i asked about putting my OBDII b18c1 into my 94 coupe... i'm thinkin its best to just modify the stock harness, cause getting the dizzy, injectors, etc.. well, it could probably cost some money... considering stock honda sh*t is way overpriced (i.e. JDM parts)

Disregaurd the previous post, as it is misinformation.

The B18C5 harness (USDM) will plug into your OBD I Civic just fine. You will not have to change any parts, because you will be using it's own harness. You only have to swap plugs if you are using an OBD I harness on the OBD II motor because OBD I plugs don't fit.

Dizzy is the distributor.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 25 2004, 12:21 PM
Disregaurd the previous post, as it is misinformation.

The B18C5 harness (USDM) will plug into your OBD I Civic just fine. You will not have to change any parts, because you will be using it's own harness. You only have to swap plugs if you are using an OBD I harness on the OBD II motor because OBD I plugs don't fit.

Dizzy is the distributor.
[post=381548]Quoted post[/post]​

but depending on the moidel of your car, it still might not work--

the shocktower conenctor to the ecu will not have the wires for vtec, etc....

honestly, you're better off just using your stock harness, swapping the dist., alt, and injector clips, and hard-wriing the vtec into the ecu

The shock tower connections will be fine, and I'd rather run a couple wires than replace $700 worth of parts.

i think it got it itr haness plugs into civic shock tower? but what happends to the odb2 stuff like the second o2 sensor. do i take them out or jus leave them?

ITR harness plugs into teh 5th gen Civic.

Depends on the ECU you use.

if you use an OBD-1 ECU then they just sit there... you can leave em there or tear the fuckers out ... it really wont matter the ECU wont look for them, wont know that they are there, wouldnt know what to do with them if it did

if you use an OBD-2 ECU then you will need to wire them all up

Back