Has anyone done business w/jdmcarboy.com?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

filiperuvian

hey guys, relatively new to the site, and i'm in the research phase for a swap. i've got a 2000 EK(cx model) and although i really...REALLY wanted to drop in a k20, it's just not going to be practical nor is the cost and fabrication going to be justfied (This car's my daily driver, and i've got a baby on the way). So, I'm opting for a gsr swap and i'll just drop upgrades along the way. Anyways, there's a shop/site(refrenced in the title) and am wondering if anyone in the SoCal area has dealt with these guys. here's the link to the engine i'm considering:
JDM B18C 96-00 GSR Engine Swap - $3,150.00 :: JDMCARBOY.com
and for only $250 more bucks i can get an lsd tranny...the package looks reasonable, and since it falls into the same year range as my car i'm hoping the swap will be pretty straightforward-i'd like to be able to smog it, and maybe even get a b.a.r. cert. i've checked out hmotors but the grs engines they offer are all older than the car i've got, save for the type-R.
or if anyone can recommend a reputable socal spot for a motor that would be great. i've got a truck so id prefer to pick it up instead of deal with shipping. Thanks!

ah yeah i've contacted them, but they don't have the motor that i need, which from the '00 teg. they've sold the last one the had in stock 2 weeks ago.

Hmotors can get one for you though, quite a few people on here have gotten swaps through hmotors and have nothing but good things to say about them, they have amazing customer service.

Back