Has anyone have problems dropping in a LS??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtec25

We spend hours tryin to get it in but it was not aligning right. when we mounted the driver side mount the passenger side mount was no where near where u can slide the bolt thru. we had too take the mount off and use a drill and shave off some metal where the bolts go thru to the tranny. and we still had to use a crowbar to shift the engine enough to put the bolt thru. and we even left out the rear bracket for later but now it seems alittle diffecult to install it after the engine is in. if someone understood me and can give me ur opinion please do. the passenger side mount is from the civic but i dont think that could be the reason is it?

Tomorrow we are gonna install the rear bracket. can someone tell me whats the right way to this?? i am gonna do it from underneath and it seems like the bracket that is at the bottom of the intake manifold is in my way. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

also does anyone know if i can use the automatic tranny shift cable from a 93 integra?? we are using a B18B auto in a 94 civic 4dr.

Are you using the Integra mounts? I mean, it is not a cottonball, it will take some muscle to get in there but if you are using the proper mounts it will line up.

YOu also have to install the rear mount first, there is no way around this, I have try a couple times, and it will not fit afterwards. Other than that, what are you using to hold the motor in place? It should be able to tilt forward, as that is the motors position when installed, if whatever you are using just hangs it, you're going to have an shit time trying to fit the mounts.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Nov 28 2004, 02:56 AM
YOu also have to install the rear mount first, there is no way around this, I have try a couple times, and it will not fit afterwards. Other than that, what are you using to hold the motor in place? It should be able to tilt forward, as that is the motors position when installed, if whatever you are using just hangs it, you're going to have an shit time trying to fit the mounts.
[post=423113]Quoted post[/post]​

are u saying that we have to remove the engine to install the rear bracket??? please tell me it aint so.

Good luck getting the T bracket thing in there with the motor in place, good point B16VX, I forgot about that. But you shouldn't have to grind anything to get an LS motor into a Civic with the proper Integra mounts.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Nov 28 2004, 12:41 PM
Good luck getting the T bracket thing in there with the motor in place, good point B16VX, I forgot about that. But you shouldn't have to grind anything to get an LS motor into a Civic with the proper Integra mounts.
[post=423210]Quoted post[/post]​

we used the civic's mount for the passenger side upper tranny(visible one). but i really don think that matters. Does it????
cuz i thought that u could use some civic mounts on the swap?? cant u??

you can use the following without modification:

Civic rear rubber mount, bolted next to the firewall (rear mount)
Civic trans mount
Civic Driverside lower mount (both the bracket and mount I believe)

Integra rear bracket
Integra Drive side mount
Integra front trans mount

Back