has anyone seen this issue?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wannabfast

ok, just got the swap in, we are fitting the exhaust and finishing the little stuff, anyways on to the issues, they may or may not be related

b16 into an 88 lx sedan, did the mpfi conversion, added wires for vtec, knock, vtec pressure, 2 extra wires for disty, and extra injectors, with the resistor box

firstly, when the key is in the on position-not running, the tach jumps up to 3800-4000 rpms, and stays there, doesnt move or anything

secondly, it cranks, but doesnt start, however when i spray starting fluid into the throttle body, it fires right up, tach works fine, idles ok, and revs ok

heres what ive done, swapped ignitors, swapped coils, swapped distributors, repinned plug(maybe i didnt repin it correctly?) and double checked where all the wires were going

now has anyone seen this? could it be a bad PR3 chip?

Well I would say check the CLE codes on your ECU and see what it says. You might have a short. I'm swapping a b16 into my 91 Dx and i have the same problem where the starter will crank but the engine won't turnover. I checked for any spark coming from the spark plug wires and I don't see an arc. So from what i've experienced it may be due to a bad connection on your gauge or something else.

Check your shop manual and ECU codes.

Iam not sure how common it is but theres a little plug on the fuel pump sometimes thoes can go bad and cause the pump not to work.

Cause if it just cranks but dosent fire its a fuel issue., if it fires but dosent stay running I beleave its an air/spark issue.

Check your cables, make sure you got good connections.

Back