has anyone seen this??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

I was wonder what the hell does this movie mean?? I dont get it has anyone seen PI? and what the hell is goin on??

Dude that movie was weird but cool, my GF rented it and yea made us both think hard about it. all that i know is that it was something with the stock market and something about mathmatical concepts.

I saw it a few years ago. I can't remember much about it, but I do remember going "damn..." and just staring at the TV for about ten minutes when it was over.

A math whiz thinks that the stock market has a pattern and is trying to figure it out. Then some people find out what he is trying to do and go after him. Something like that i think, i could be wrong.

Pi has alot to do with Chaos theory, also it has to do with Pi as a number 3.141592... which continues on indefinetly also touches on the bible code in the tora. The guy basically drives himself insane trying to find structure in an unstructured system.
kinda like your everyday life if you could come up with a mathematical model you could predict anything, stock market collapses or growths and make millions. It also leaves a lot to the imagination and leads to philosophical diatribes

mmmmm.... PI......

yeah, it's pretty messed up. I still don't know exactly what to think of the movie, other than it sort of overkills the "ignorance is bliss" concept
I also think that if you watched that movie repeatedly you would end up having a ceisure....

Darren Aronofsky is one hell of a director and I can't wait for something else to be released with his name on it. I was just looking at a website about him click on this

says that he is working on a Batman movie... but not a sequel or prequel or something like that but based on the comic Batman: year one
there is also a rumor of him directing an adaptation of Vonegut's "cat's cradle" which was adapted by the guy who wrote "Donnie Darko"

as a side note.... back when "Requiem" came out I took a girl on a first date to that movie..... great movie, but we didn't last long.... I think the movie might have had some impact on that.... maybe if we had gone to some generic romantic comedy things would have been different
although on my second date with my current GF (2 years or so ago) we say a prescreening of "Memento" although that is no where as disturbing as "requiem"

Requiem kicked ass what a great movie and I also agree Darren Aronofsky is an amazing director

Requiem Disturbance > trainspotting

and trainspotting was great as well

:withstupid:

but I can't really compare Requiem and Train spotting because they are just too different really IMO

It would be sort of fun but wholely frustrating to have a discusion about these movies on this forum. I can barely understand my own thoughts about these movies let alone people talking to me about them, and we all know that typing causes all retardation to come out

But for sure Aronofsky is to cinema what Vtec is to engines....
not everyone agrees that it is great, and in truth it's a pretty simple concept, but damn it's cool, and I'll continue to support both

requiem disturbance is that in any relation to requiem of a dream? cause ive seen that movie and it is fucked but a badass flick at the same time, havent se4en trainspotting but would like to

PI also touched upon the golden ratio which i think is simply amazing. Remember the spiral and the davinchi(spelling) drawning of the guy and how it fits with that rectangle. Well I did some reserch and the ratio is like 1:1.618 and it can be found in any perfect form including humans. Supermodels have a face structure of 1:1.618!! I think its so cool!! for example. the "perfect" smile will have all the teeth lined up straight and each tooth starting with the front will be 1.618 times bigger than the next. Just freaking bonkers in my mind. :blink:

Also requiem, memento, trainspotting I heard a lot about and plan to go pick em up. are there any other movies like these?

have you seen anything by David Lynch?

good movies if you want to see something that is totally f'd up

Lost Highway and Mullholand drive are some of his more recent ones

Mulholland Dr. was total garbage! It made no sense, and for no reason whatsoever,half way through the movie, all the characters changed identities. also there were characters who you net and never saw again?????????

Mulholland Dr.= the biggest waste of time next to helping some kid put a cold air intake on his Daewoo.

Back