Has Anyone Seen...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I'm not a kid. Second, this isn't HT. This board is nothing like HT. I know, I've visited HT. Third, there wouldn't be a problem here if you weren't arguing with people that know more than you do.

Thats what I am talking about. Grow up kid, you never know who you are talking to.

Sad that hondas get their "punk kid" reputation because of people like you. Sorry to have wasted "your" time everyone. Good luck in all your adventures.

YOU are whats wrong with HT, and this site. GTFO.

OMFG this thread is hilarious. This VPT guy cracks me up...I love this forum far more than any other forum I've ever adventured in. Right off the bat this guy gets neg rep HAHA.

Well, you "kids" sure know how to show em the way out LOL.

Team HondaSwap...Fuck yea...(movie reference)

Some ppl cant be taught. There is no room for them here. Good for them its a big internet and they can go elsewhere.

I see most of you live in controlled climate environments. Cold weather does all kinds of things to vehicles including hard starting on e-85. Guys that don't want to shell out the change for fuel pump, injectors, and tune? Really? these aren't broke kids, these guys have big money in these cars and the "extra" crap for E-85 is a piss in the ocean compared to the rest of the car.

I can see this forum isn't for me. Trying to get away from the "honda-tech" type.
Correct - probably not for you - too many experienced members here that see through "Arm Chair" Rhetoric and comments not derived from first hand experience.

I have never ran E85, but have ran enough of a variety of fuels and additives to comment. E85 would be more forgiving than E100 or Methanol. I've ran lots of alcohol engines and been to too many drag racing and circle track events with alcohol classes to begin to remember.

Alcohol has it's quirks as do other fuels, but that's not to characterize it as hard to manage in a racing engine. Alcohol is an easy fuel to run from a racers perspective of which E85 would manifest almost identical properties.

Alcohol engines smell great - much better than gasoline.

Last edited:
Correct - probably not for you - too many experienced members here that see through "Arm Chair" Rhetoric and comments not derived from first hand experience.

I have never ran E85, but have ran enough of a variety of fuels and additives to comment. E85 would be more forgiving than E100 or Methanol. I've ran lots of alcohol engines and been to too many drag racing and circle track events with alcohol classes to begin to remember.

Alcohol has it's quirks as do other fuels, but that's not to characterize it as hard to manage in a racing engine. Alcohol is an easy fuel to run from a racers perspective of which E85 would manifest almost identical properties.

Alcohol engines smell great - much better than gasoline.

Now there's a man I can get behind. He's got some awesome build threads. Don't talk like you know something unless you can back it up with some empirical evidence.

Now there's a man I can get behind. He's got some awesome build threads. Don't talk like you know something unless you can back it up with some empirical evidence.
That's one of my pet peeves and something I became aware of early on with the car build threads and sites.

Too many like to post just to post. No firsthand experience, just internet experience. Many times a member will post to look good - bad idea.

If ya don't have firsthand experience, say so and offer an opinion, that's ok - if not, simply STFU. :thumbsup:

Example: I posted on another site an oil leak problem on a Tecumseh engine that's on my power washer. I started rebuilding Briggs & Stratton engines on my mini-bike back in the mid 60's. Never built up a Tecumseh and don't know the quirks of such. I wanted to see if anyone else had experience with a side case oil leak problem - rationale was to get the parts I needed to fix it BEFORE I tore it down, so it would be a quick in and out job. Not: Teardown, then wait for parts, and then reassemble.

A guy posted it's a common problem on the Tecumseh's with the side case gasket leaking oil at the top. Replace gasket and use lots of permatex upon reassembly. I know how to use Permatex, Loctite, whatever. I know how to pick my own nose too.

Then, some other member posts this:
----------------------------------------------------
DAMN!!
ohmy.gif
It must be burning some major oil...

Permatex is junk.. Do not use it anywhere.. not (form-A-gascket) anyways.. That stuff just turns into big hard mudballs that breaks off.
-----------------------------------------------------

It's not burning oil, it's leaking oil (I explained that and posted pictures of it) and yes you can make a nice mess with gasket sealer if it's not applied correctly. But, WTF does that add to a technical thread?

IMO, nothing. If he posted, "be careful with application of gasket sealer, don't want it oozing gobs on the inside of the crankcase or it could cause problems". Then yes, that's good information - for a beginner it's good and he doesn't know my experience level. He couldn't know my experience level and that's fine.

But not launch off into the "Sky is falling" rhetoric.

You hit the third rail!!!!!! Damm it pisses me off!!!!! If ya don't have firsthand experience STFU.

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinison says it best.

Sam Kinison - "Back To School" - Prof Terguson - 1986 - YouTube

I've built, raced, and been around a few cars.

carwash010.jpg

wheel034.jpg

projectcar008jg1.jpg

100_2580.jpg

Sure you have. I can grab random pictures from the internet too.

If you are truly as good of a builder as you say you are then post a real build thread. You don't automatically get a reputation by posting random pictures.

If you're actually legit, I will glad apologize to you.

Chaz cut it out.

EDIT:

And to be clear, VPT, that's not a pass for you. Coming in here your first day and talking in absolutes like you're king shit is no way to have people respect what you're saying. We have plenty of folks here that run e85 with no problem. The fact that YOU use it to clean parts means that YOU haven't had the right experience. It doesn't mean that it's useless for anything other than cleaning parts.

Generally the folks that run e85 and have issues are the ones that go to a forum (like H-T, or the like) and read success stories, then put e85 in their chip that's rough tuned for their setup, and have bad results. Generally when you run E85, you do actually have to change components like injectors, and all the rubber parts of your fuel system. If you don't do both of those things, AND have a full retune for the new fuel for your specific application, you're going to have issues.

Many times when people come in her spewing hate about e85, their rationalization is akin to 'well I cant put nitrometh in my car without it blowing up, so it must be shitty'. While most people that know anything about the sport or the physics behind that would know immediately it's a bad idea. The problem is that e85 is so close to gasoline as far as public understanding goes, people think there should be few to no problems in switching to it. When in reality, they are about as close as 87 octane and jet fuel. Yeah they do the same thing, but they react totally differently to the same conditions.

Moral of the story is think about what you're saying before you come onto a forum full of people who have extensive experience in this area. Especially if you're going to talk in absolutes to people who have seen first and second hand that shit works.

Last edited:
I've built, raced, and been around a few cars.

carwash010.jpg

wheel034.jpg

projectcar008jg1.jpg

100_2580.jpg
To be clear, I never suggested otherwise. I do maintain however, that in my opinion you do not have firsthand experience running/tuning alcohol based fuels in a racing environment.

That's ok, not many do. ;)

Rotax.jpg

540%20Joe%20Begosian%20%28Large%29.jpg

Milwaukee%20Bullet.JPG

Last edited:
yeah, i dont see this thread going anywhere.
its already pretty far off the op and has become just a noob bashing.

im locking it up, if anybody disagrees and unlocks it, then so be it. but i think its run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back