Has anyone sleeved their block?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenCRX

I'm building my B18C5 block for boost and I'm buying DARTON sleeves for it. I was just wondering if anyone has sleeved their block. I'm trying to get a rough estimate on the cost of labor to have a machine shop tackle the job. Any info would be greatly appriciated. Thanks. :ph34r:

well i will tell you next moth how it gos im getting a b16a2 done with a deck sleeve with it. i am setting it up for a strocker kit plus boost...

I paid 800 for my sleeve job both parts and labor but that was a hook up =)

avg I think dartons run around 1200-1500 both labor/parts so if you find out what darton sleeves cost buying them yourself just - that from the #s I just gave you

What are you talking about!!! 1200 for sleeves!!!
The top of the line sleeves from darton are only around $560.00
and thats for the sleeves that can hold up to 50psi of boost.
i bought my sleeves for $230.00 and thats with s&h.it's only $45.00 per sleeve.
and can hold up to 23 psi of boost.NOW ARE YOU GOING TO BE BOOSTING THAT HIGH ON THE STREET.......NO.and i also have rods/pistons polished &balanced crank and only paid 500.00 at the machine shop so i don't know where you got those numbers from.

just get the darton sleeves for 230.00. thats a good price get rods & pistons also
then take it to the machine shop.just my .02

1000$ , Darton , with machine work. I didnt shop alot though.

good luck

Can you really put a price on the safety and longevity of your motor? I would personally rather spend some extra money having it done right the first time, insted of having to spend more on it again later when the damn thing blows up.

did you get the M.I.D because if you did then 1000 sounds about right for everything. if not you got rip off.also it don't matter if you pay 1500 or 700 on sleevs or building a block if you detonate it's gone.
thats why i went with the darton flanged sleeves 230 shiped and holds up to 23 psi of boost.now thats good for a street car because 9 out of ten times you will never even see 20 psi on the street in a honda unless you have a small turbo.
but if you really need the sleeves right away i can set up something so all you have to do is make a phone call afterwards if you want.

Ok i just read in that artical thats linked that sleeving is usless unless you have some moster boost. Is this a rather widly agreed opion or no? Because once i finally get my damn ZC in thats what im gonna build it for. Most likly a t-25, so Im woundering if sleeves would be a waste. Im with you guys though about saftey and longjevity. Great information btw in the thread that got linked. Ok everyone have a great day now.

Jeramy

sleeves will help, but a t-25 (like mine at least) can get up to around 14-15 psi ~300 cfm, so some sleeves will definately come in handy above 7-8 psi

Back