hasport dpfi to mpfi tpd ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ef8lsvtec88

ok well i have a b16a1 did the swap all hasport stuff, mounts, linkage, and harness. the car is a 91 crx dx. i used the dx-vtec harness for the swap my only question is that does anyone know if hasport switches the 2 wires for the tps or do i have to go through and do it myself? car runs but doesnt have any power after 4800 rpms. i think the tps is fine though v @ close .450v and wot 4.5v thx

On the Tps looking at the back of the plug, clip up, wires should be left to right

Pin c12 green/white, C7 Red, C13 Yellow/white

C plug at the ecu is the smaller one with 16 pins and looking at the backside of the plug with clip up, top pins read C, 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 bottem wires read as
C 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16

What happens if you give it full throttle and hold it there? as i just went through this with my tps sensor and it would bog out and and drop to 1k then rev to 2k-2500rpms and repeat but if i back the throttle off a hair it would rev just fine as the ecu was thinking it was full throttle at idle and when at full throttle it was thinking it was at idle.

Are you letting the car fully warm up? any check engine light?

if i hold it on the floor it doesnt jolt like a spot in the tps, kinda sounds like your problem but if i hold it to the floor it boggs down at about 4800 rpms. it will still rev up but sounds like its missing out the exhaust. if i give it partial throttle i can rev it to 7k to 7.5k but at 20% throttle it takes all day long. im at the point of throwing parts at it cuz ive done all the test via- vtec supplement - manual. im tracing wires now ---- no codes either ----

You say you got a harness from hasport, is it your old harness converted? or a adapter?

i dont think i clarified it its running on obd-0 pr3, i plan on going to obd-1 for the fact that id be able to tune it easier, ya know what i mean. im still fighting issues since the swap years ago. but im battleing it off and on. about to give up though

Check back later tonight and i will break it all down for you, sense i just spent alot of time with my DX harness.

have you called hasport to see what they say

DX to MPFI To B16

Okay need to make sure you go through this list as you need to make it MPFI first then you can add the extra wires needed ( or trace them out to make sure there correct ) here are the pins you need to check to make sure there Correct

pin A5 #3 injector @ injector light blue, these wires needed to be added, and old wires cut off dx harness, and add ground over to resistor box.

pin A7 #4 injector Same as above

Pin B10 Should be crank sensor Orange which should of came from pin C1

Pin B12 Should be crank sensor white which should of came from C2

Pin C1 now should be Blue/green wire, cylinder postion sensor. you have to add these wires and run out to distributor see pic its the SI. makes sure your Distributor matches these wire colors

Pin C2 now should be Blue/yellow wire. cylinder postion sensor. You have to add these wires and run out to distributor see pic its the SI. make sure your distributor matches these wire colors

C8 Second 02 sensor need to add a second o2 sensor or tap into the the first one on pin C16.

Thats it for that part

Now these have to be ran out to engine
A8 is VTEC solenoid
B5 is VTEC Pressure Switch, second wire is ground
B19 is Knock Sensor

Make sure the wires on the TPS sensor are correct as going from dx(DPFI) harness to SI(MPFI) harness you need to swap the outer 2 wires( green/white and yellow/white )

All pins are with you looking at the back of the plug lock clip up, read left to right up to down. A plug has 18 wires and is the biggest. B plug is a bit smaller then A plug and has 20 wires. C plug is the smallest plug and has 16 wires.

Hope this helps find your problem.

Go here and print this out DPFI(DX) to MPFI(SI) it is the 5th post down by pissedoffsol
https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/ecu-pinouts-28667/

OBD1 STUFF

To convert to obd 1 is simple get the adapter. your dx harness take A8 Vtec Soenoid wire off, B5 Vtec pressure switch, B19 Knock sensor, C8 O2 sensor wire off make sure you mark these wires for what they do. as you will have to add these to the OBD1 Adapter and run 4 new wires for the 4 wire o2 sensor

O2 sensor wire pin outs (p30) might be other obd1 the same not sure?.
A6 heater
A25 heater
D14 signal
D22Ground

If you want you can use your stock injectors but you have to use the resistor box. if you use obd1 injectors ( need obd1 clips) you need to remove the resistor box and cut plug off and tie all the wires together, friend said acura integra had a nice plug that tide all these wires together with out cutting the end off????

Attachments

• obd0_distributor_pinouts.jpg
    obd0_distributor_pinouts.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 8,053
Last edited:
Back