hasport linkage to sir tranny problem, need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

freak86

Hey guys. Almost done with my swap. I've got a 88crxsi with a pr3 obd0 b16a sir1. Hasport mounts and linkage. Problem=linkage will not bolt up to the tranny. The part that bolts onto the tranny has about a 1/2 inch bigger hole than my old crx stock linkage, and no bushing was included with the hasport linkage. My bushing from my old linkage won't work cuz it's too small. Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas to what I need to buy to get that on my tranny???
I'll post pics later tonight, as well as the tranny version.....
Thanks for the help.

Yeah, I had a similar problem. I got a random used bushing that fit the hole (I had to cut the center to size) for free from a shop. You could either try and scavenge one like me or you could get the bushing kit from Energy Suspension. The ES bushing for the shift linkage are supposed to be pretty nice. Probably worth the $20 it'd cost. I think the kit also includes the bushings for the shifter too (double check first).

edit - also you can use a 90-91 Integra SL bushing that you can get from your local dealer.

Here's the pic of the situation......
The linkage with no bushing is the new hasport one
The other one's the old linkage
The mount for those is the really bright spot...looks white, but it's actually a silver cylinder with a thread in the middle....

Thanks for the post citizen. How do you mount the bushing to the cylinder? Do you just put a screw through it and into the thread? No, that wouldn't work cuz the linkage would fall away off the bushing. My old d16a6 has a bracket that holds the screw that goes through the center of the bushing. It doesn't screw right into the tranny on that one. Just wondering if I need a bracket or something to mount it?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 184
Okay, after MUCH searching on this, someone on another forum said to use the bushing from a 91 integra. So, I pulled up the schematic for that, and here's what I got(the pic). So, if I need that bushing, then I guess I need 29, 6, 7, and 8 altogether? Because I don't have anything but the circle housing for the bushing on the linkage itself, and the cylinder on the transmission with the thread in it.

Attachments

• SK73B3400A.PNG
    SK73B3400A.PNG
    7.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Okay, after MUCH searching on this, someone on another forum said to use the bushing from a 91 integra. So, I pulled up the schematic for that, and here's what I got(the pic). So, if I need that bushing, then I guess I need 29, 6, 7, and 8 altogether? Because I don't have anything but the circle housing for the bushing on the linkage itself, and the cylinder on the transmission with the thread in it.

#6 in that diagram IS the bushing you need. Just get the bushing, and pick up a washer from a hardware store, and bolt it on. There's no need to spend $5 on Honda nuts, bolts, and washers when Home Depot has what you need for 30 cents.

Back